• Subscribe
  • Should I offer free UX and copywriting critique

Kevin T.
    12 replies
    I have 30 years experience in design, and 20 years in UX, and similar numbers in writing. I read things on this site, and if there's a grammar error or clarity issue, I write to the poster and made suggested changes. I'm thinking about offering this on PH for free. Good idea, or just looking for trouble?

Replies

Sarvpriy Arya
    how about creating a Udemy course?
    Kevin T.
    @sarvpriy_arya Good idea, but I have no faith in my ability to make a successful course.
    Fernando Tucci
    As someone with very little copywriting and UX formal experience, I'd love that 😂
    Fernando Tucci
    @kevin_t_ thanks! my current solo project is kansei.app ! Still early on, but early feedback is the best. I usually work on backend coding, and transitioning to do everything has been a lot!
    Kevin T.
    @jftucci "Spanish, English, or Japanese today, for free" you could say, "Spanish, English, or Japanese today. For free!" The "Come and chat with us" button is a little confusing to me, because it makes me think it's going to take me to one of the developers or someone. "With Kansei, every interaction feels like a chapter in a novel, " is a little unclear to me, "With Kansei, every interaction is a chapter in a visual novel?" Are the interactions a chapter in a novel? I like the logo in black and white, but the off red colors at the moment I think are very weak. A proper pronunciation of the word "kansei" given by one of your avatars as a quick, fun example would not feel out of place. I'm not sure the order of presentation is the best. You might be better off with a carousel at the top, but you said this stuff isn't your forte, so, as it stands now, it's pretty well done. Was any of that useful?
    Kevin T.
    @jftucci Well, if you've got something to look at, please let me know.
    Fernando Tucci
    @kevin_t_ that was extremely useful! thank you very much
    Elisa Reggiardo
    Maybe feedback instead of critique? Might be more actionable!
    Rahul
    @elis_boa could you elaborate a bit ?
    Elisa Reggiardo
    @therahulv, sure. Critique involves pointing out errors or weaknesses, while feedback focuses on offering suggestions and guidance for improvement. Critique highlights areas that need attention, whereas feedback provides actionable recommendations. So I think that for the PH community feedback would be more valuable then critique.
    Rahul
    Definitely, no work goes without giving returns.
    Christopher Nguyen
    That's a wonderful thing to do 😄