Share the one marketing hack that skyrocketed your startup's growth.

Vlad Zivkovic
14 replies

Replies

Robert Cox
Leveraging user-generated content on social media boosted our startup's growth immensely, transforming our customers into brand ambassadors and fostering a community that led to a 200% increase in organic traffic within six months!
Alec Nguyen
A bit obvious but launching on PH helped a lot. And LInkedIn, that helped a lot in establishing our credibility.
Bibhu Panda
Depends, if your product is in b2b or b2c? I believe its Linkedin for b2b and Instagram for b2c.
Cyril Gupta
Hacks are something unconventional, I don't think I can share my hacks here, but if you ask me what's the one conventional thing that I did well... It's paid ads.
Nick Anisimov
Actively use the community to promote the product. Usually, your target audience has many different interests, and you can advance almost for free in such communities.
Apollon Latsoudis
Community building assuming your product is suitable. I have found that discord and slack communities have great potential for market awareness and growth. If your research is thorough you can also attempt to introduce your product or services to specific sub reddits who tend to have loyal members.
Florian Hidayat
@apollon440 how do you attract people to join your discord community? I've been thinking about starting one but not really sure where to start.
Apollon Latsoudis
@florian_pranata_hidayat Discord has the benefit of allowing you to set up your server any way you like. Its structure may be complicated at first (for the product owner, not the visitor), so you will need someone to set it up for you. For instance you can create channels for support, introductions, news & updates, user feedback free giveaways or promotional material etc. You can assign roles and levels of access as well as set up bots for specific functions. This way your discord server may look amazing to simply navigate to and can contain many interesting channels to explore. In order to attract people, you need send links that direct people to the offers or giveaway channels as these will be more attractive. You may also add channels with user stories or interesting tidbits of information or recent articles (just like you may do in twitter for instance). You can post the links anywhere you like and provide a brief description on what is on offer as well as the benefits of joining (free support, direct feedback from the creators of the software, special discounts etc) Please remember that Discord is also used for current users for feedback, support and updates(assuming you set your server this way) so these are eligible targets. You need people online to populate your server and make it more alive and user friendly
Open programmatic webpages for each target keyword even with zero search volume, even if you only add titles you will see the magic happening :)
Edward G
Launching on Product Hunt and ads
Louis Collins
used the strategy of turning our lengthy blog pieces into microcontent. Snippets for infographics, social media, and even audio clips.
Divine Rivers
Hacking strategies would include leveraging other platform audiences to reach our target audience. We plan to do so when we launch our marketplace for sign-ups come July 17th. Follow for updates on the soon launch as our official launch on PH isn't until the Fall when the marketplace is fully functional. Like everyone email marketing, nano influencer marketing, and TikTok content generating are some of our more conventional strategies.
Kunal Mehta
Our marketing hack that propelled ProApp's growth was leveraging influencer partnerships. By collaborating with influential designers and industry experts, we tapped into their vast audiences, gaining exposure, credibility, and attracting a significant number of aspiring designers to our platform.