Share the happiest moment of your product/project journey!

Vlad Zivkovic
21 replies
Product Hunters what is the happiest moment of your journey while working on your product/project?

Replies

andrea smith
First bit of positive feedback :)
Shaur ul Asar
Receiving heartfelt testimonials from satisfied customers, expressing their appreciation for your product/project, is a truly joyous moment in the journey.
Neha
Getting stuck on a project for an extended period, like 1-2 days, can be tough and uncertain. But when you finally overcome the challenge and find a solution, it brings an incredible feeling of happiness and accomplishment. I can relate to this experience, and it serves as a valuable reminder of the determination and perseverance needed in problem-solving.
Tibor Szantai
when I saw my product of the day batch :)
The happiest moment for me was when we finally got our first paying customer. I swear I heard angels singing and saw rainbows. It was like winning the lottery, except we didn't have to split the winnings.
There was one of the products we built back in 2020 - called Zelish - which got selected by users to be one of the "Top 10 apps on Playstore for the year 2020" in India. And we were the smallest player there standing along with the likes of Microsoft and other such biggies. Such a proud moment it was and I still have the trophy that Google sent us!
Renat Abyasov
The happiest moment is when feedback is sent to your email, full of admiration for the product. The person did not just say in an interview what a cool thing we are doing, but even found the mail and wrote to it :) There was also a funny story in which an older woman found our product and shot a video review. She wasn't a professional blogger, and her video was very original, but it was so cute))
Santeri Toivanen
Selling out our in-person event in 2021 (Slush 2021).
Santeri Toivanen
@vladimir_zivkovic That's a long story – Our then CEO summarised the learnings here pretty well. https://miikahuttunen.com/70-lea...
Jack Davies
Hands down, the happiest moment was when we pushed out our first major update and saw the overwhelmingly positive feedback roll in. That's a feeling money can't buy.
Gloria Russell
Hitting those first few revenue milestones was pretty sweet. It's a rollercoaster ride but moments like these make it all worth it. Keep grinding!