• Subscribe
  • New on Product Hunt — Product Hunt’s Latest Homepage Overhaul

Rohan Chaubey
    7 replies
    Product Hunt has revamped its homepage layout in a move that appears to prioritize a simpler, single-stream experience. This change, which affects the way users interact with the daily product lineup, coincides with an ongoing debate in the startup community about Product Hunt’s evolving direction and user experience. What’s New? Previously, Product Hunt’s homepage featured two distinct sections: Featured and All. This structure allowed users to view selected featured products as well as browse the full list of daily launches. Now, Product Hunt has introduced a single, unified feed where Featured products are positioned prominently at the top of the list, while other non-featured products are hidden behind a button labeled, “See all of today’s products.” This update adds a subtle layer of exclusivity, as users must take an extra step to explore the non-featured products. The non-featured products continue to be hidden on the PH mobile app. The redesign seems intended to make it easier for users to focus on standout launches while still allowing access to everything Product Hunt has to offer each day. Over to you! What do you think of Product Hunt’s latest homepage update? Share your thoughts in the comments. :)

Replies

Anthony Latona
    350+ E-Commerce Tools Database
    What causes something to be featured? Is it up to the discretion of PH staff or pay-to-play or another factor? I can see reasonably interesting launches with 3x the votes under featured listings too.
    Anthony Latona
    350+ E-Commerce Tools Database
    @konrad_sx Yeah, I've seen the various posts and complaints. My other questions would be - if you're not featured, can you get a top product badge? Even products with 2-3x the votes/engagement than a 10th place featured product wouldn't get a top spot?
    Konrad S.
    @anthony_latona I'm quite sure you can't get a badge it you're not featured. The basic badge is "Featured on Product Hunt".
    Oleksandr Buratynskyi
    Looks actually pretty interesting
    Konrad S.
    I think it has both advantages and disadvantages. While there's no list only sorted by upvoted anymore, I think maybe even more people will click “See all of today’s products” than have used the "All" list previously.
    hongkai
    @konrad_sx Agreed, while it may lead to increased engagement with a wider variety of products, it will be interesting to see how people adapt to this new format.