Mastering focus amid daily distractions?

Bren Kinfa 💎 SaaS Gems
21 replies
Distractions are everywhere. Share your strategies for maintaining laser focus during your workday!

Replies

Molly Roberts
Scheduling my day! 100%. Calendars aren't just for meetings. I like to put the task I will work on at a certain time. Got to write a case study? Great, it's on my calendar for an hour at 10am. Planning the weekly social media? It's in for 4pm.
Marvin Mändle
Banning the phone from the desk and set a timer of 90 minutes deep work is my productivity lifehack. After every 90 minutes I do a break of 15 minutes.
Marvin Mändle
@hasan_py it depends on how many meetings I have. Most of the days I do it 2-3 times a day. I also have read some information about other lifehacks: 52 minutes of work followed by a 17 minutes break and 25 minutes followed by a 5 minutes break. If you are interested in this topic, I can recommend the book "power of full engagement" - James Loehr and Tony Schwartz
Marvin Mändle
@hasan_py maybe try two "extra breaks" during the day. At 10AM and 3 PM you can go for a little walk for 15 minutes. Just try some new things and I am sure that you can find your own perfect rhythm for full engagement 🙌 btw I use a timer at my desk not on my phone, it's kind of extra motivation.
Cameron Scully
Following everything in my todoist in order + listening to chill music like lofi helps keep me focused. If I have full clarity on exactly what i'm doing for the day then I don't get distracted
If you're a dev, look up "hill chart", a progress tracking tool invented by Basecamp. I use it to help me stay on top of deadlines. It changes how I prioritize pieces of work.
Roger Mendoza
Stop checking PH every 2 mins. lol 😂 - I have to almost put my phone in a safe. I use micro-tasks to get things done. I write out everything I need to do and pick 3 things a day that are priority. Make a schedule for your personal time..then put in work time in the areas available that are free. That way you put familia first. Hope everything helps a bit.
Roland Marlow
Setting timers, time blocking, and phone in DND.
Rihab Zaidi
- Put away my phone ( sometimes my colleagues get annoyed because of this as they never reach me lol but they can if they call me on Slack) - Block focus time slots ( I use the FlowFinitee app for this, I block focus slots and it's put immediately on my calendar and I can track how time I end up spending and on which apps, self-awareness is the first time to optimize) - Resist FOMO ( I don't have to answer every email or message I get at once, in fact, I turn off notifications to stay focused) - Share my calendar with my team ( so they have visibility of my schedule and know when I am focused to avoid distractions and postpone it to later) - Prioritizing my work!
Murat ⚡
The best way to make sure you accomplish your goals is to see them often Write your long term and daily goals on the lock screen of your phone. On a post-it and stick it on your screen. On the mirror of your bathroom. On the fridge. On a daily note you read everyday. ps: if you have vision pro, I guess you can create a giant banner...
Jamie L
I prioritize my tasks using the Eisenhower Matrix, Bren, and use a Pomodoro timer to work in short, focused bursts. Also, turning off notifications during these sprints is a game-changer for maintaining deep focus.
Marcelo Andrade Perino
I keep classical music playing in the background - focus and calm in the workspace!
Rose Brown
Lately, I've been practicing the "two-minute rule" – if a task takes less than two minutes to complete, I do it immediately to prevent it from becoming a distraction later on.
Anjali N
Normally, I wait to charge my phone till the first of the day, which works out well for me. I keep my phone for charge and work from a different room until my battery is 100%. I make an effort to incorporate these tiny things into my routine, and I set up a to-do list and work schedule on my calendar to assist me remember what needs to get done and when.
Kailash
Focus better by pick your top 3 tasks each day and ignore distractions. Say no to multitask and put your phone away.
Karan Arora
Uninstall Twitter on mobile
Matej Cabadaj
I usually keep my phone somewhere away, making it harder to reach it. Then a few must haves: 🎧 - noise canceling headphones ☕️ - good coffee 🎶 - music (either completely calm or super upbeat, depending on the tasks)
André J
Launching soon!
👉 Blackout curtains 👈