• Subscribe
  • Low-code/no-code or custom software dev for the startup?

Our first EVER launch is live! Please support πŸ™ https://www.producthunt.com/posts/revmywork-com I've used both in my product, and I am curious how the community feels about that topic πŸ€”

Replies

Uldis
    Adopt a minimalist coding style, create custom software that excels at doing one thing, and design it to be easily rewritable so that you can start over in a week or less if your needs change. Chain your custom software together with industry tested solutions - think unix philosophy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un...
    Daniel Zaitzow
    I think it depends on where you strengths are and what product you're building. For payments we're going to launch with a pretty simple stripe model / over time add other dunning/churn, payouts, additional gateways to it but I think payments will always be low/no code. For other solutions re: data collection and analytics for our end users we're going to have to use more custom stacks for that.
    Dmytro Khlopkov πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
    @dzaitzow interesting point:) yes definitely it depends, still appreciate low-code for it's speed tho
    Ulysse Armengaud
    no code is great for finding market fit. It is quicker to iterate. It can be scaled up to a certain point. IMO startups should use both. no code for testing ideas and code for core features.
    Andrew Cook
    Back SEO Marketing Software
    Back SEO Marketing Software
    imho custom software beats low/no code every time. code is more efficient and you can actually change stuff when something goes wrong. low/no code, if a widget is written poorly you can't do much about it.
    Dmytro Khlopkov πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
    @backseosoftware Andrew, I'll reply properly to you tomorrow if that's OK; very interesting point, but still, I can see some use cases πŸ˜ƒ We have launched our RevMyWork today on the Product Hunt, so we are a little busy at the moment πŸš€ We'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and give us feedback on your thoughts about the product πŸ™ Thank you!