• Subscribe
  • Low-code/no-code or custom software dev for the startup?

Our first EVER launch is live! Please support πŸ™ https://www.producthunt.com/posts/revmywork-com I've used both in my product, and I am curious how the community feels about that topic πŸ€”

Replies

Ulysse Armengaud
    no code is great for finding market fit. It is quicker to iterate. It can be scaled up to a certain point. IMO startups should use both. no code for testing ideas and code for core features.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    I think it depends on where you strengths are and what product you're building. For payments we're going to launch with a pretty simple stripe model / over time add other dunning/churn, payouts, additional gateways to it but I think payments will always be low/no code. For other solutions re: data collection and analytics for our end users we're going to have to use more custom stacks for that.
    Dmytro Khlopkov πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
    @dzaitzow interesting point:) yes definitely it depends, still appreciate low-code for it's speed tho
    Andrew Cook
    Back SEO Marketing Software
    Back SEO Marketing Software
    imho custom software beats low/no code every time. code is more efficient and you can actually change stuff when something goes wrong. low/no code, if a widget is written poorly you can't do much about it.
    Dmytro Khlopkov πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
    @backseosoftware Andrew, I'll reply properly to you tomorrow if that's OK; very interesting point, but still, I can see some use cases πŸ˜ƒ We have launched our RevMyWork today on the Product Hunt, so we are a little busy at the moment πŸš€ We'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and give us feedback on your thoughts about the product πŸ™ Thank you!
    Uldis
    Adopt a minimalist coding style, create custom software that excels at doing one thing, and design it to be easily rewritable so that you can start over in a week or less if your needs change. Chain your custom software together with industry tested solutions - think unix philosophy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un...