Learning SEO: Did You Take the DIY Route or Seek Professional Help?

suman saurabh
14 replies
when it comes to SEO, there are two paths you can take: learning the ropes yourself or hiring professionals to handle it. Have you embarked on the journey of self-learning, devouring online resources, blogs, and YouTube tutorials? Or did you opt for a more hands-off approach, relying on SEO agencies or freelancers? Share your reasons behind your choice

Replies

Roy Patterson
Took the DIY route, mate. Scoured the internet, read tons of articles, tested different strategies on my site. Kind of like a mad scientist with a lab, but the lab is Google's algorithm.
Saket Sony
I am just doing a course and have 3 blogs on the name of SEO which are not keyword researched ;)
Adith Mathialagan
Self learning for start to lay the foundation and outsource for scaling.
suman saurabh
@adith_168 can oy share if any particular course you used to learn it yourself?
I am an example of DIY SEO. Started with reading a book on SEO, then followed a couple of YT channels and now some of my blogs are ranked top 5 and got caught by the google snippet. My advice: SEO is something that you learn just by taking your time, its okay to suck at first
suman saurabh
@andriyuh that is really crazy! can you share someone who is starting on SEO which course to go through?
@suman_saurabh2 The one I followed was https://www.youtube.com/@NedimSabic, however it is not in english but maybe there are subtitles. Regarding the book i read SEO 2021 by Adam Clarke
Mahesh Kumar
I have a co-foudner who was in marketing. trust me - having someone with experience in SEO, takes you 5 steps ahead from the day you start
Heleana Grace
Me personally, I learned everything I know from my amazing coworkers throughout the years.
Unknown User
Both. Just to shorten the learning curve but there is a lot of learning in place. You never stop learning about SEO