Learning SEO: Did You Take the DIY Route or Seek Professional Help?

suman saurabh
14 replies
when it comes to SEO, there are two paths you can take: learning the ropes yourself or hiring professionals to handle it. Have you embarked on the journey of self-learning, devouring online resources, blogs, and YouTube tutorials? Or did you opt for a more hands-off approach, relying on SEO agencies or freelancers? Share your reasons behind your choice

Replies

Saket Sony
I am just doing a course and have 3 blogs on the name of SEO which are not keyword researched ;)
Adith Mathialagan
Self learning for start to lay the foundation and outsource for scaling.
suman saurabh
@adith_168 can oy share if any particular course you used to learn it yourself?
I am an example of DIY SEO. Started with reading a book on SEO, then followed a couple of YT channels and now some of my blogs are ranked top 5 and got caught by the google snippet. My advice: SEO is something that you learn just by taking your time, its okay to suck at first
suman saurabh
@andriyuh that is really crazy! can you share someone who is starting on SEO which course to go through?
@suman_saurabh2 The one I followed was https://www.youtube.com/@NedimSabic, however it is not in english but maybe there are subtitles. Regarding the book i read SEO 2021 by Adam Clarke
Mahesh Kumar
I have a co-foudner who was in marketing. trust me - having someone with experience in SEO, takes you 5 steps ahead from the day you start
Roy Patterson
Took the DIY route, mate. Scoured the internet, read tons of articles, tested different strategies on my site. Kind of like a mad scientist with a lab, but the lab is Google's algorithm.
Heleana Grace
Me personally, I learned everything I know from my amazing coworkers throughout the years.
Unknown User
Both. Just to shorten the learning curve but there is a lot of learning in place. You never stop learning about SEO