• Subscribe
  • Is there a reason people don't share their socials on PH..? πŸ˜…πŸ€”πŸ‘€

Mansi Trivedi
    26 replies
    I've seen a lot of good profiles with no socials to connect on!

Replies

Not sure, probably they are fake accounts? πŸ˜‚ who knows? I have my socials displayed, feel free to connect if you're on LinkedIn! (that goes for anyone who reads this too!)
    Ken Ito πŸ„
    Happy to connect :)
    Nico Spijker
    PH connection request can at times feel a little superficial. I don't mind having my accounts on my profile but can see how others might be deterred from it.
    Esus πŸ›‘οΈ
    @nicolaas_spijker 100%. I keep getting hit with 'upvote our launch' :/ (in all my DM's.) I don't mind if the messages are polite, but 90% of the time they are not haha.
    Igor Lysenko
    I think this is what they will send newsletters to in private messages.
    Mansi Trivedi
    @ixord Do they? I get a lot of support messages and stuff! πŸ˜…
    Artyom Sviridov
    Who knows. Might be that some of them are in search of cool products but don't really want to communicate much :D
    Esus πŸ›‘οΈ
    I have debated disconnecting my Twitter just due to the massive amount of cold DM'ing from upcoming launches. I don't mind if they are kind or crafted, but majority are not. :/ I cannot imagine how @rrhoover's DM's look πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«
    Ryan Hoover
    @esus haha, I get a few :)
    Mansi Trivedi
    @esus I get a few on Twitter, most of the makers use LinkedIn to reach out. You also get all those straight punches for upvotes I believe πŸ˜…πŸ₯²πŸ₯Ή
    Eden
    Made the mistake of adding my LinkedIn in the past, lots of DMs about asking for upvotes
    Mansi Trivedi
    @entreeden I get them too.πŸ˜…πŸ˜… I really like the people who ask for support or feedback instead of just an upvote πŸ˜„
    Alice Yu
    πŸ₯² Well... for me, the issue is a bit regional. LinkedIn isn't supported where I'm from, and my circle isn't very active on Twitter So whilst I'm open to sharing my socials, I'm not sure which platform would actually be useful to connect on
    Mansi Trivedi
    @aliceyu Ou, that's not cool! How do you connect with people then?? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ You could try the communities on other platforms like whatsapp and slack etc..
    Kirill Sokol
    There is some spam from strangers from PH asking for support for their project during their launch