Is remote working a good idea?

Witt Teo
18 replies
From the perspective of social development, remote working will gradually become an office trend in the future. Is remote working a good idea?

Replies

Hannah Dao
It is! Saved me a lot of commute time. However, I feel more connected in an office environment and get things done more quickly as sometimes I have to rely on emails and Slack replies while in the office, I could have just asked.
Witt Teo
@hannah_dao Basically agree with you, commuting time is saved, but communication cost is increased. However, can we solve this problem through some remote collaboration tools?
Tadej Jevševar
@hannah_dao @witt_teo I've been working on this problem for some time now... you can see a demo video here: https://youtu.be/L2Z0nLDVycw
Richard Gao
I think it will save overall on office space and costs, so it is a great idea for reducing costs overall along with making things more convenient for the employee. It's also better for the environment since they don't have to drive to work.
Witt Teo
@richard_gao2 Yes, remote working can save office space and office equipment for the company, can break the regional restrictions, recruit more high-quality talents, and for workers, can save commuting time and transportation costs, but if the enterprise lacks systematic remote work management, workers lack the self-discipline of remote work, then remote work is not so simple.
Reshma S
Yes Definitely
Mae Reanoga
I think it's already a trend now though. Nothing beats connecting personally but nothing can't be done either by remotely working :)
Micky Nguyen
But it lacks team connection (my experience) 😥
Sridevi M
It has both pros and cons
Shon Paunan
It is. The time you'll spent trying to get to and from work can be utilized more with other important tasks
Pavel Kukhnavets
Remote work is a vivid management trend nowadays. Virtual work is a preferable option in case you have a reliable online project planning and management tool. It'd be great if such software contains collaboration functionality. I recommend to explore GanttPRO (https://ganttpro.com/) - an award-winning project management software that focuses on professional planning and project management with the help of a Gantt chart. Creating projects is simple and quick in GanttPRO, and the drag & drop features make it easy to add new tasks, create dependencies, assign resources, track progress, manage dates, and, if needed, change data.