Is it necessary to use AI in education? Please share your opinion.

Yuriy YA
15 replies

Replies

JessKarson
If it helps to improve educational courses and help students get and memorize information faster, then yes, for sure. I think our future is connected to AI, and it will be with us forever. And if we implement it in the right way in life processes, such as education, then it's for good. The same can be said about other educational resources. There are a lot of them who can provide information or other help. And if they are quality and helpful, then why not use them? I don't use AI tools for now because there is no need, but I use some extra educational resources, especially when it comes to writing. Some time ago, I was writing a paper, and I needed to find a lot of info, and I got help with it. A friend of mine recommended this page https://papersowl.com/examples/community-development/, which provided various useful essay examples about Community Development, which helped me out a lot. I managed to understand better what the paper should look like, and in the end, it was a very high quality.
Vincent Lonij
At this point, I don't think you can stop people, even if you wanted to.
Josh B.
AI is the future.
Developer X
It depends on needs and requirements. Personally, in such topic AI cannot be successful or efficient for now, since Education is not something straight forward, it is more emotion and comment related.
@newyork I understand what you're saying, but there is still a framework in education that is made up of policies and requirements of what must be covered per a specific class in a specific grade. That being the case is what makes AI such a powerful weapon to utilize, especially for education.
Igor Lysenko
I believe that students should receive answers to questions, but the brain is trained when children solve questions and keep brain activity active.
@ixord I agree with you. This is what my whole software is based on. The multiple facets allow students to determine the important and most likely information that will be covered on their test. This way they can access their knowledge, confirm if they are studying the proper material, and focus on the material they have not yet fully grasped. Taking your comment a step further, I believe students should be given answers and thorough explanations on how the answer ties into the subject as a whole. This allows students to understand their strengths and weaknesses while at the same time reinforcing what they have already learned.
Absolutely, unequivocally yes! AI is just a tool that can be utilized to learn faster. There are always those out there who try to cut corners and use AI in scrupulous ways. On the flip side of the coin, you have the true learners. Those who are passionate and care much more about knowledge and learning vs just getting by. This is the group that will utilize AI to excel to the next level. It intrigues me the different reactions that I get to the AI study software I am creating. It analyzes an individual's own course material, notes, and all information it's been trained on to predict potential questions. While it can't guarantee every question, it aims to provide a highly accurate representation of what you might encounter. It can predict with high statistical probability the actual material that will be on the test in most subjects simply by analyzing the notes, course materials, and a very large amount of publicly available data. Some feel like it's unfair and others feel like it is a godsend. My response to those who think it's unfair is that the software does not just provide questions and answers it provides context and reasoning by explaining why the answer is correct. This to me is a complete shift from the traditional method of having students waste so many hours of productivity scouring over trivial information and filler that really has no educational value. Would love to hear what others think, good or bad.
Yuriy YA
@david_mcanulty If you look at the number 6 in a different way, you will get the number 9. Will artificial intelligence be able to look at it from two sides in a completely new question, and give an appropriate answer?
@konartis56 I'll be completely honest with you. It may be helpful for you to do some research on AI as your comment above doesn't make any sense. Let me know if I can help you answer any questions on the topic once you have had the chance to read up on the subject.
K Owusu
If something is to be used in everyday life, then it should be used and taught in schools, like it has already been for many years. There is already a wealth of AI education resources geared towards k12/secondary education. AI is a tool. If it is to be used, it needs to be taught, with examples of school use.
@kowusu that's an understatement for all tools schools use since the Pandemic. Appreciate you bringing up the topic.