• Subscribe
  • Is it ethical for companies to request employees to tailor their social media?

Clara Champion
    6 replies
    Just wondering how non founders feel :)

Replies

Elena Tsemirava
    Ask yes, demand definitely no.
    Italo Costa | System Developer
    Come on, if the job requires the employee to do this, it should be mentioned in the job interview. Now, if it's not a requirement, if it's not part of the job, it's wrong.
    Christopher Nguyen
    It varies by job. In Southeast Asia, it's normal that employees are asked to share work-related stuff on their personal social accounts. To handle this, lots of people have two accounts: one for work, one for personal things.
    Kunal Mehta
    Absolutely, ethical considerations play a crucial role in the workplace. When companies ask employees to tailor their social media presence, it's essential to strike a balance between personal expression and brand alignment. Transparency and respect for individual boundaries are key. Remember, building a positive online presence benefits both the company and employees. If you're launching a product or have more questions on this topic, I'd be happy to continue the discussion. Let's connect on Product Hunt, and I'll be there to support your launch! ๐Ÿš€
    Amy Williams
    I think just ask them.