• Subscribe
  • Is it a mistake to launch on PH when your app is in beta testing and not available to the public?

Ataei
    7 replies

Replies

Krishna Kumar
    The proof of the pudding is always in the eating. Why launch too early, when you have nothing that people can get their hands on? There is always Building in public, to do announcements before the launch no? Or am I missing something here?
    Yassin Bouacherine
    What is the reason behind launching without being available to the public? Are you making a waiting list by displaying some video content and images of the app? To me, it would be a mistake to launch on PH if it ain't available except for some private beta testing. People may see it with a bad eye. Every other has their app available during the launch.
    Ataei
    @jack95 I agree that it should be available to the public once you release it on PH. In my case, I did find some nice people who were willing to join the beta testing. But as you said, it'd be better to release when the product is ready.
    Martin
    I think it depends! Most probably you would benefit more if it's public. However, you can always relaunch after 6 months. Just make sure you have some major updates.
    Raju Sivaram
    I would not advise it.