• Subscribe
  • If you could give 1 piece of advice to your past self before your first product launch...

Noah Hoffmeyer
    2 replies
    Hey everyone! I'm Noah, a student, developer, and as of today a founder. I am reading and listening to the advice of past successes 24/7 and I tried to apply as much as I could on my first-ever launch today. However, I'm a big fan of the 80/20 rule and I want to know what the most important channels and actionable items I should be focusing on. What 1 piece of advice would you give to your past self before your first product launch? Feel free to give me any feedback as well, here's my product: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/letterstack-io

Replies

Juliana
    The first launch I did was a maths worksheet generator for schools. It was great, we had a nice website, a fully functional product, and the dream to make teachers lives easier. The problem was, we recieved advice we didn't validate and it caused us major issues because we trusted it wholeheartedly. We were told that we should "build it and they will come" aka, we had already built it, we will get users. The issue we faced was we had no idea how to get them, and based on that advice we hadn't even validated if there was a need for the product outside of our own beliefs. It may seem basic, but make sure the people who use your product actually have a need for it, and figure out how to get it in front of them. Just because it makes sense and is useful to you, does not mean it works for your target audience.
    Noah Hoffmeyer
    @juliana_fr Thanks for the advice! It's so easy to think "Build it and they will come", I think creators are probably the #1 fan of their creations so it's easy to have a biased mindset that others will love it just as much as you do. This is definitely something I'll keep in mind when listening to user feedback: validation!