I lost my 75-day PH streak 😭😭, starting from the bottom again. Are you keeping track of yours?

Isaac Martin Otim
12 replies
For context, I started an experiment to see the benefits of maintaining an unbroken streak on PH. Discovered some interesting things, and then regrettably took a day off. In the spirit of "science", I'll start my experiment again after my 10-day streak (it's tricky to find my rank sub-10). Hopefully, I'll reach 100 days this time around. And maybe, if anyone's interested, I'll write up and share my results and all the benefits and/or curses that come along with doing this.

Replies

Dexter Awoyemi
Oh no! Just another 66 days to go 😅 Meta comment: I find streak gamification really engaging... Duolingo was the first time I think I got hooked to it
Isaac Martin Otim
@dextersjab Haha, luckily the days go by so quickly! It is definitely engaging, not only for the platform (user retention) but for makers as well
Felix
Oh nooo what a pity... Let's get up there again! For me it is just regulary checking out new products or just opening the app when I have a busy day. That way I stay on my streak and am updated on the latest launches!
Dexter Awoyemi
@felix_digistash I'd hazard a guess most of us do it for the launch, but it definitely has it's benefits!
Isaac Martin Otim
@felix_digistash we're definitely trying again! Busy days are the worst for me, as I always find interesting product launches and rabbit holes to go down 😂😂
Navin Peiris
Aargh, that sucks! Would love to hear what benefits you saw by maintaining an unbroken streak (and all the curses of course!)
Isaac Martin Otim
@navinpeiris I'm drafting an article as we speak
Uma Venugopal
I'm sorry to hear that! But I believe in your commitment to the experiment again and reaching 100+
Isaac Martin Otim
@uma_venugopal all good, at least this time I'll track everything that I didn't get the opportunity to the last time
Michael Cho
What's the benefit of a long streak?
I lost mine last year because of a time zone change 😐 It sucks but it's not the end of the world!
Isaac Martin Otim
@maxwellcdavis Yup, sucks but not that big a deal 🙂