How many of you have or will be raising capital?

Slim Geransar
18 replies
How are you determining what to raise?

Replies

Kali
We're bootstrapping our effort to start. Rather than spending time on developing a pitch, term sheets, etc., we wanted to focus on building a quality product that *we* would use even if we didn't invent it! I'm also fortunate enough to have two co-founders that are willing to put their money where their mouth is and invest in the project alongside me!
George Aleesu
@kali_curated Perfect! That way you get to protect your equity from too much dilution.. great step
@kali_curated yeah I’m bootstrapped to the core! All my savings going into the project, that’s how much I believe in it! But will eventually need funding if I’m to scale and hire a team! So I feel you
Noah Wittman
We've raised from Techstars, friends & family, and Angels to get us to this point. We plan to raise an institutional round in the next few months. In terms of how much to raise, that's definitely a tricky one!
@noah831 that’s awesome Noah! Congrats. I’m in the beginning stages so was curious. I may reach out and ask a few questions if that’s cool?
George Aleesu
I will be raising too but for now, we're bootstrapping until we achieve product/market fit and some traction on our resume
I have raised $1.2M seed the last year in my previous startup. Right now, I'm bootstrapping. But I don't exclude it to scale in the future.
Rayan Zeggari
Bootstrapping from the start ,chasing users. If you chase users long enough, soon investors will be chasing you...