How many of you have or will be raising capital?

Slim Geransar
18 replies
How are you determining what to raise?

Replies

Noah Wittman
We've raised from Techstars, friends & family, and Angels to get us to this point. We plan to raise an institutional round in the next few months. In terms of how much to raise, that's definitely a tricky one!
@noah831 that’s awesome Noah! Congrats. I’m in the beginning stages so was curious. I may reach out and ask a few questions if that’s cool?
Kali
We're bootstrapping our effort to start. Rather than spending time on developing a pitch, term sheets, etc., we wanted to focus on building a quality product that *we* would use even if we didn't invent it! I'm also fortunate enough to have two co-founders that are willing to put their money where their mouth is and invest in the project alongside me!
George Aleesu
@kali_curated Perfect! That way you get to protect your equity from too much dilution.. great step
@kali_curated yeah I’m bootstrapped to the core! All my savings going into the project, that’s how much I believe in it! But will eventually need funding if I’m to scale and hire a team! So I feel you
George Aleesu
I will be raising too but for now, we're bootstrapping until we achieve product/market fit and some traction on our resume
I have raised $1.2M seed the last year in my previous startup. Right now, I'm bootstrapping. But I don't exclude it to scale in the future.
Rayan Zeggari
Bootstrapping from the start ,chasing users. If you chase users long enough, soon investors will be chasing you...