• Subscribe
  • How Many Images Do You Need for a Product Hunt Launch?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    32 replies
    So, you're gearing up for a Product Hunt launch and wondering how many images are enough to get people hooked without overwhelming them? From my experience, ๐Ÿฏ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐Ÿฐ ๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜€ are good enough: ๐Ÿญ.๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—œ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ: A clean, bold overview with a strong CTA. ๐Ÿฎ.๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐——๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ: Show how it works in a simple visual. ๐Ÿฏ.๐—™๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—›๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐˜€: Showcase 2-3 standout features. ๐Ÿฐ.๐—ข๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—น: Add user testimonials or benefits if you have space, but keep it simple. ๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—›๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜? ๐Ÿฑโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Replies

AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    For a Product Hunt launch, you typically need 5-8 images, including product screenshots, feature highlights, and promotional banners.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @annaho2000 I think 4 is much better:)
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Is video more powerful than image?
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika yes, but Images have there own attention (like quick attention), to understand what is product all about. In Videos we see how easily we can use/setup it. (if we want to explore further)
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @hamza_afzal_butt TBH, when I see video โ€“ I barely look at images. But they are appealing addition to the launch :)
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika yes! video is also a important part too
    Rick Fan
    Sider for iOS 2.0
    As I know, the most important features should be three, and additionally, we can prepare 2 to 3 less critical UI introductions.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @rick_fan yeah right.
    LDJ Beatless
    Buffup.AI
    Launching soon!
    I think your suggestion of 3 - 4 images is quite reasonable. It provides a good balance between showing enough details and not overwhelming the viewers. In my experience, the quality of the images also matters a great deal. High - resolution, visually appealing images tend to attract more attention. And for the optional one, if it's a user testimonial, a photo of the actual user can add more authenticity.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @ldj_beatless yeah agreed images with good visuals work better.
    Veeresh Devireddy
    At least 4-5 images: 1๏ธโƒฃ Intro or promo images 2๏ธโƒฃ Main page or landing screen 3๏ธโƒฃ Features and its Elements 4๏ธโƒฃ Options, Configurations, etc. 5๏ธโƒฃ Quantification of results, stats, traction, values.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @veeresh_devireddy Thanks for suggestions :)
    Azza Shahid
    I think, what I have added to my page are 3 to 4 images. Also we have made a video and that too.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @azza_shahid yes right, when are you launching?
    Pierre-Yves Dubreucq
    For Sweego we have 4 image and 1 video. We're launching today, so maybe I can tell tomorrow if it worked :)
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @pydubreucq Good luck with your launch :)
    Claire Martin
    Perfect! Good to know, thank you! These are the kinds of small details we need but rarely talk about
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @claire_martin2 happy to help :)
    Felix Sattler
    While researching Product Hunt for our own launch, I noticed that most successful launches include 2-4 images and a video that explains the product to potential users. A great tip for creating the video: use Loom for recording. It lets you add your face to the screen recording while you walk through the product. This adds a personal touch and makes the video feel more human, which is likely to grab more attention.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @felix_sattler thanks Felix!
    Playiiit
    I used three images for my product since there wasn't enough to showcase with a video. However, this structure works well too.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @playiiit how was your Launch?
    James Laurence
    ์ด๋ฏธ์ง€ 5๊ฐœ์™€ ๋™์˜์ƒ 1๊ฐœ. https://okxs.co.kr/
    Nancy Le
    I've added a total of 3-4 images to my page, and we've also created a video to complement the content
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @nancy_autonomous perfect!! how was your launch?
    An
    VHire
    VHire
    Launching soon!
    Hi,Hamza~ I think you're right. But sometimes a single piece can make a big difference. Last week, I saw a product that cut a flowchart into several pieces and advertised it on the splash page. It caught my eye
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @an_zuo Exactly 1 single image can work too, but every product have their own unique featuers it depand how you showcase them ( 3-4 images are just a ideal number :)
    Mercher Pixel
    3 images for simple ideas 3+ & video for complex ideas
    Mia Sophia Walker
    Videos can def be more powerful for engagement, but you still need compelling images. I'd say 5-10 high quality product shots + lifestyle photos at minimum. Supplement with short videos for max impact. Quality over quantity!
    CoolParse
    1 video and 4-6 image.