• Subscribe
  • How Many Images Do You Need for a Product Hunt Launch?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    32 replies
    So, you're gearing up for a Product Hunt launch and wondering how many images are enough to get people hooked without overwhelming them? From my experience, ๐Ÿฏ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐Ÿฐ ๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜€ are good enough: ๐Ÿญ.๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—œ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ: A clean, bold overview with a strong CTA. ๐Ÿฎ.๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐——๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ: Show how it works in a simple visual. ๐Ÿฏ.๐—™๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—›๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐˜€: Showcase 2-3 standout features. ๐Ÿฐ.๐—ข๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—น: Add user testimonials or benefits if you have space, but keep it simple. ๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—›๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜? ๐Ÿฑโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Replies

Veeresh Devireddy
    At least 4-5 images: 1๏ธโƒฃ Intro or promo images 2๏ธโƒฃ Main page or landing screen 3๏ธโƒฃ Features and its Elements 4๏ธโƒฃ Options, Configurations, etc. 5๏ธโƒฃ Quantification of results, stats, traction, values.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Is video more powerful than image?
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika yes, but Images have there own attention (like quick attention), to understand what is product all about. In Videos we see how easily we can use/setup it. (if we want to explore further)
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @hamza_afzal_butt TBH, when I see video โ€“ I barely look at images. But they are appealing addition to the launch :)
    Rick Fan
    Sider for iOS 2.0
    As I know, the most important features should be three, and additionally, we can prepare 2 to 3 less critical UI introductions.
    LDJ Beatless
    Buffup.AI
    Launching soon!
    I think your suggestion of 3 - 4 images is quite reasonable. It provides a good balance between showing enough details and not overwhelming the viewers. In my experience, the quality of the images also matters a great deal. High - resolution, visually appealing images tend to attract more attention. And for the optional one, if it's a user testimonial, a photo of the actual user can add more authenticity.
    Azza Shahid
    I think, what I have added to my page are 3 to 4 images. Also we have made a video and that too.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @azza_shahid yes right, when are you launching?
    Pierre-Yves Dubreucq
    For Sweego we have 4 image and 1 video. We're launching today, so maybe I can tell tomorrow if it worked :)
    Claire Martin
    Perfect! Good to know, thank you! These are the kinds of small details we need but rarely talk about
    Felix Sattler
    While researching Product Hunt for our own launch, I noticed that most successful launches include 2-4 images and a video that explains the product to potential users. A great tip for creating the video: use Loom for recording. It lets you add your face to the screen recording while you walk through the product. This adds a personal touch and makes the video feel more human, which is likely to grab more attention.
    Playiiit
    I used three images for my product since there wasn't enough to showcase with a video. However, this structure works well too.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @playiiit how was your Launch?
    James Laurence
    ์ด๋ฏธ์ง€ 5๊ฐœ์™€ ๋™์˜์ƒ 1๊ฐœ. https://okxs.co.kr/
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    For a Product Hunt launch, you typically need 5-8 images, including product screenshots, feature highlights, and promotional banners.
    Nancy Le
    I've added a total of 3-4 images to my page, and we've also created a video to complement the content
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @nancy_autonomous perfect!! how was your launch?
    An
    VHire
    VHire
    Launching soon!
    Hi,Hamza~ I think you're right. But sometimes a single piece can make a big difference. Last week, I saw a product that cut a flowchart into several pieces and advertised it on the splash page. It caught my eye
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @an_zuo Exactly 1 single image can work too, but every product have their own unique featuers it depand how you showcase them ( 3-4 images are just a ideal number :)
    Mercher Pixel
    3 images for simple ideas 3+ & video for complex ideas
    Mia Sophia Walker
    Videos can def be more powerful for engagement, but you still need compelling images. I'd say 5-10 high quality product shots + lifestyle photos at minimum. Supplement with short videos for max impact. Quality over quantity!
    CoolParse
    1 video and 4-6 image.