How important is design?

David McGuire
11 replies
I’m not a designer (far from it!) but I like the think that the service I’m building is needed and works well. How important is the design of my website? Do I need to hire in a professional to launch?

Replies

Bhhavesh Desalhey
Think like you have a business in food industry (or any physical product). Assuming food as your USP (Unique selling point). If food is just hand over without any packaging or without any branding. Only few will approach you. But with better branding and packaging, help you create an image subconsciously in your potential customer. With that said, your customers get the experience you want to give and can drive a lot of potential customers to buy your product. And also from observing your packaging in-spite the food inside customers can assume and conclude few things. That how much important it is to have good design. Depending on how you want your packaging and according to you design preferences you can get your designer.
Elaine Lu
Design is crucial as it directly influences user experience and brand perception. A well-designed product can set you apart from competitors and build lasting customer loyalty.
Kehui Guo
Super important. People do, often times, judge a book by its cover. Your website shows your brand, your service, and your value. Definitely invest time to make it stand out.
More than design, the experience you provide to the prospects and customers on your website is extremely important. Today, a lot of readymade resources are available on the internet to build a nice looking website. But, experience is beyond that. Your website experience should be complete, functional and beautiful. And of course, hiring an experts who know what exactly it should be -- would be the best way to go about it. I'm launching cxful very soon, which is a UIUX suite to help companies and designers do just that.
David McGuire
@vertikanigam thanks Vertika. Do you mean the UI?
Clayton Walker
Extremely important! An eye catching design will grab someones attention and draw them into what you’re promoting. A good design will only get you so far - you then need valuable content to keep their attention. The writing part is an area I struggled with which is why we’re launching our product tomorrow to help with that :)
Preksha Jain
Super Important. Good design helps in making products intuitive, accessible, and enjoyable, which can drive engagement and satisfaction. As a visual designer, I believe that aesthetics combined with functionality can set a website apart in a competitive market.
Thomas Hansen
Design is crucial as it directly impacts user experience and perception of a product. Good design can differentiate a product in a crowded market and drive user engagement.