How do you wind down?

Jacob Choi
24 replies
In the warmer weather I would usually go for a run and enjoy the scenery but these days I've been gravitating to more restful activities. I'm really enjoying the Kubiya metal puzzles and light reading when I am able to clock out for the night. What does everyone else do to relax after a long day of work?

Replies

Ryan Sullivan
Great question and something I learned is absolutely required with my first company. I didn't do it well then but now I make sure I stick to my schedule for tennis and other activities as seriously as I would stick to my meeting schedule. It helped me a lot once I realized that they are equal in importance to my long term success and my company's as well.
Alina Salavatova
I also really like reading books. Before bed we always read books with our children. This is a very enjoyable activity and very relaxing.
Jacob Choi
@alina_salavatova Aww that is too lovely. Thank you for sharing!! :) I'm sure your children will remember that fondly.
Matej Cabadaj
Completely feel you! Books, boulder climbing and hikes work the best for me :)
Jen Anderson
The NY Times puzzle app has a lot of relaxing games. I also doodle while listening to audiobooks.
Jacob Choi
@jen_from_accomplist I haven't seen that app, I will check it out :) Sounds like it would be fun to work on while at the airport.
Unused to watch shows and more TV, but now I read a lot more or take a bath
Jacob Choi
@slimmy82 Nice! What are you reading right now? :) I need something light and not too stimulating, working through the alchemist currently.
@jacob_boston what type of books are you into?
ChatofAI
Have a cup of hand-brewed coffee, find a movie, and immerse yourself in it. Take a break from work for a while. 😂
Jacob Choi
@chatofai 100% Nothing beats a pour over with a quality roast. ... maybe with a little festive creamer though :p
Moon
I totally understand the need for restful activities after a long day of work. Have you ever tried practicing meditation or mindfulness? It can be a great way to unwind and clear your mind.
Jacob Choi
@moon10 I've done yoga once or twice but never anything habitually. Does that work for you?
ISTIAK AHMAD
I love ocean and fresh air, so i would always take a chance to go to the beach for a relaxation (:
Jaxon Smith
It's great to hear how you unwind after work! Everyone has their own go-to activities for relaxation. Some enjoy meditation or yoga, others might indulge in a favorite TV show, and some opt for hobbies like painting or cooking. It really depends on personal preferences.
Nick
When it's warmer weather I enjoy working on my vehicles or just making fun projects with them. In the winter I love finding new utilities and productivity tools, I know that doesn't sound relaxing but I enjoy it. There are so many things I want to pursue further as a hobby, but its hard to find the time. I'm thinking of buying a really good drone, but I'm not sure yet.
Martin Schumacher
Even if there's no match space after the day right now, I usually go back to my computer and play video games or spend time with playing music.
Prem Saini
Soothing music and a calming yoga session.🧘🏻‍♂️
Hussein Hashish
i stay off my mobile phone for the weekend and spend time with family
Barry Zheng
After a long day of work, winding down is essential for well-being. Many people find activities like light reading or hobbies that don't require intense focus helpful. Have you considered exploring mindfulness activities like meditation or yoga? They can be a great way to relax both your mind and body.