• Subscribe
  • How do you pitch your product to people in order to get them to try your product?

Parsanjit Dutta
    3 replies
    What are the dos and don'ts?

Replies

Ritesh Jha
    Hey Parsanjit, this is a very interesting question. Based on my experience during my early days, I used to go to people and pitch the product to them. But sooner or later, I realized it was not making things better, and it just backfired, as I was invading someone's privacy. Personally, if someone else does that, I wouldn't like it. I found The best solution was community meets, tech events, seminars, etc. I got the hosts' permission and pitched the product to the crowd. I personally reached out to people, obtained their consent, and then pitched the product. Third, if you want to approach anyone, you can, but consent should be first. I would recommend not just randomly approaching; take some time to find people you know or someone with whom you can find common ground, start a conversation, and then divert it to your product. There are many other methods you can use, but that's what I have done, and it has given me good results.
    Kavya Tripathi
    If you have a digital product or service, offer a free trial period so users can experience its value before committing to a purchase.
    Griffin Rhys Donovan
    I usually start by identifying the target audience for my product. Then I try to find where those people hang out, whether online communities, events, social media, etc. I'll engage with the community, provide value, and build connections first before mentioning my product. When I do bring it up, I focus on how it can help solve their problems or meet their needs rather than just pitching features. I also try to get feedback early on to refine the pitch and offering. The key is to be genuine, respectful and provide real value. Hope this helps, let me know if you want to brainstorm more ideas!