• Subscribe
  • How do you navigate regulatory challenges in your industry

Dipak Shiroya
    4 replies
    Strategies for staying compliant while driving innovation in regulated markets.

Replies

KurachiWeb 倉地 俊輔
    In Japan, it is illegal to launch a platform that allows direct financial transactions between users unless it is certified by an gov-agency. To avoid this, at ShortBook, the only transactions are between you and us: the only way writers make money is through commission from us. However, if I were an American, I think I would have few opportunities to learn about the Japanese laws. In a regulated industry, one option is to grow in only one country first, and connect experts who are familiar with the laws of each country.
    Nathan Covey
    I don't lol I'm just focused on building something people want right now. I can worry about that later
    Zachary Rhys Whitaker
    Navigating regs can be tricky. We work closely with legal counsel to stay on top of the evolving landscape. Also leveraging some AI tools to help keep track of relevant updates across jurisdictions and assess compliance of product designs/comms. Definitely an ongoing challenge though!