• Subscribe
  • How do you handle your bookmarks and saved links?

Jorge Medina
    11 replies
    Hello fellow entrepreneurs! 😊 I'm sure I'm not the only one that saves so many links I could be categorized as a digital hoarder, to then never ever come back to them. I'm building a SaaS for Content curation and creation. And I'm curious to understand how people handle their bookmarks. What is the hope behind saving them and why we never usually go back to them ever again. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated! πŸ™Œ

Replies

Stefan Pettersson
    I have given up on bookmarks. I never revisit them. Now I have a couple of different colored tab groups in Chrome where I put open tabs. Also makes it easier to not hoard them. πŸ™‚
    Jorge Medina
    @stpe I think you're definitely not the user target because you have developed your own system to deal with this haha It happens to me as well with many other solutions because I'm an automation nerd. But thank you for the in-depth responses Stefan! I really appreciate them :)
    Jorge Medina
    @stpe it sure feels frustrating! haha. That's why i'm trying to fix it. The purpose behind my Startup is more oriented to how we consume those bookmarks and then generate new content and ideas with them. Most of the time I save those bookmarks because I find them interesting and I want to read them to learn from them. But that hardly happens. So I want to use AI to "consume" them and then come back to me with summaries and distilled bullets so that I can still learn but in a less time-consuming manner. Eventually the system will also suggest new content pieces that you can create from all the things you save. Would you find that interesting?
    Stefan Pettersson
    @thejorgemedina I remember way back (we're talking Netscape-era) I was a heavy user of bookmarks, because it was basically the only way to revisit something you've previously found. But now, it feels more like islands of ecosystem. I don't save a link to a Github-repo, it star it. And article on Medium, I bookmark using Medium's system. A video on Youtube, I save under "Watch Later". I don't need bookmarks for websites I visit - I remember their URL and have the browser auto-complete them. And so on... So I don't know what my problem to be solved actually would be.
    Jorge Medina
    @stpe but doesn't it become unmanageable to check each individual place for their bookmarks? do you often check the bookmark section of each app? πŸ€” I see many people trying to find a fix for this problem creating their own databases or "second brains" to not forget stuff and even add statuses to track what they've already read and what not.
    Stefan Pettersson
    @thejorgemedina I for sure save stuff on each app and then forget about it until I go there, check what is saved and discover it again. Stuff that I really, really want to consume but can’t straight away I leave a tab open and put it in the appropriate tab-group (examples of tag group ”Learn” (general educational stuff), ”Code” (programming related), and then a group per project I’m working on. Some things, like recipies, I list in separate notes in Bear. As you see, it is not really a super systematic way to do it. A bit of a mess. :) But I guess it has not been enough of a problem for me to look into a better solution. So it may indeed be an opportunity here.
    Shajedul Karim
    bookmarks, to me, are like fragments of curiosity frozen in time. they're reminders of moments when something sparked interest or promised value. yet, like old letters in an attic, they often get lost in the vastness. perhaps we don't revisit because the context of 'then' doesn't always fit the 'now'. for your SaaS, maybe the key isn't just to bookmark, but to capture the 'why' of the moment. a tiny note, an emotion, a goal. blending content curation with emotional context might be a game-changer, turning simple bookmarks into time capsules of intention. πŸ“–βœ¨
    Jorge Medina
    @shajedulkarim_ Interesting Shajedul! I think with that perspective you are going to enjoy https://mymind.com/ :) (this one is not my startup haha) The purpose behind my Startup is more oriented to how we consume those bookmarks and then generate new content and ideas with them. Most of the time I save those bookmarks because I find them interesting and I want to read them to learn from them. But that hardly happens. So I want to use AI to "consume" them and then come back to me with summaries and distilled bullets so that I can still learn but in a less time-consuming manner. Eventually the system will also suggest new content pieces that you can create from all the things you save. Would you find that interesting?
    Tanjir Rahman
    I use a system of tags. I tag my bookmarks with keywords so that I can easily find them. For example, I might tag a bookmark with the keywords "productivity," "marketing," or "personal development."
    Jorge Medina
    @tanjirrahman where do you store them to tag them? or do you use a tool that allows you to tag at the moment of saving the bookmark? :)