• Subscribe
  • How do you get feedback on your product from your users outside of PH?

Marvin Mändle
    22 replies
    Currently we try to speak to our early customers to understand their needs and also asking in emails for feedback. What are your best practices to get user feedback?

Replies

Nikki Závadská
    Try to make personal connections with customers since the day one. Offering personalized demos help with establishing first contact and you can continue from there 😌 It doesn’t scale but works when you’re starting out
    Pablo Roig
    Reedit should work also!
    Fei C.
    @pabloroigburgui How to get real feedback? Sometimes when I wanna post something the bot just removed my posts.
    Karolina Brach
    Have you considered in-app or email surveys? Great way to validate some hypothesis or collect unprompted feedback. Usually, answering the survey is faster and easier than booking an interview 🤞
    Marvin Mändle
    @karolina_brach we don't implemented that yet, but sounds great. Do you use a specific tool for e-mail surveys or do you send templates?
    Karolina Brach
    @marvin_maendle @survicate, obviously 🙌 I usually create my surveys with the help of AI or import questions prewritten in a doc file. I recently launched a bigger study and it's going great so far 🦾
    Michael
    We do something by having direct conversations with our early customers to understand their needs better. Additionally, we use in-app surveys and feedback forms to get insights right when feedback channel on our website where users can easily share their thoughts and suggestions.
    Omar Faruk
    Engaging with users through forums, social media, and targeted surveys
    Vaibhav
    Reddit is the best place to share your work and get brutal feedback from :)
    Marvin Mändle
    @realdesigntack what subreddits can you recommend?
    LLLeroy
    I also have this problem getting feedback from users. I tried to send them emails for tagerted survey but only got few feedbacks
    Nico Spijker
    Loads of Niche Slack communities you can join. I personally found those to be extremely useful to chat with users and get some eyes on the product. A lot of the "startup" communities also have a lot of channels so you can browse to find your niche.
    Marvin Mändle
    @nicolaas_spijker thanks for sharing! I'm already in some communities it's definitely good to find people with specific know how!
    Joseph Natoli
    Hey Marvin, it helps to really know your customer in a profile. As an example I was recently consulting with a code camp to increase their applicants for a new program. They specifically created it as a in-between step for jobseekers who came from a bad training program and didn't have the skills to get hired. So we were able to specifically target people who had this problem and recently graduated from these bootcamps with some create linkedin searches. For you, knowing who you want to talk to and then hustling to reach them can provide really good results. A good note and a real reason to connect is better than something generic. You are solving their problem, tell them this!
    Michelle Duval
    We do product research and interviews and we also use a tool in App for feedback which is called Userback which is awesome!
    Daniel Engelke
    We are a B2B company and have found shared slack channels SUPER useful for quick discussions, also means you can direct message them easily!
    Khushhal Gupta
    Effective user feedback collection is crucial for understanding customer needs and improving your product. You can enhance your strategy by including a variety of feedback channels: Direct Communication: Continue engaging directly with early customers through interviews or feedback sessions. This provides detailed insights into their needs and experiences. Online Surveys: Deploy targeted surveys using tools like Google Forms or Typeform. These can be sent through email or embedded on your website to gather feedback at scale. Social Media Listening: Monitor social media platforms and online communities where your users are active. This can provide real-time feedback and help you gauge public sentiment about your product. User Testing: Organize user testing sessions where participants can interact with your product while you observe their behavior. This method can uncover usability issues and areas for improvement that might not be obvious through other forms of feedback. Feedback Platforms: Using a dedicated feedback platform can be very efficient. For example, FeedbackChimp allows users to easily submit features they want directly within your product environment. It helps you organize all feedback in one place, prioritize feature development based on user votes, and keep everyone updated with roadmaps and changelogs. Plus, it's customizable to maintain your brand identity. By combining these methods, you can build a robust feedback system that not only collects insights from a wide range of sources but also prioritizes and acts on them efficiently, ensuring your product development is always aligned with user needs.