How do you deal with distractions while working from home?

Ruben Boonzaaijer
21 replies

Replies

Philip Osei
Still trying to figure this out. As soon as I have to wait for a download or a page to load, I'm off on some other tangent.
Igor Lysenko
Nothing turns me off at home, but I think I've gotten into the habit.
Nataliya Trotsenko
To manage distractions while working from home, I lean on tools like the Endel app, which helps create a focused and calming work environment through personalized soundscapes. This approach keeps me centered and productive throughout the day. Just try it - it is great - https://endel.io/
Pearl Jimenez
Heavily. I recently started using the Pomodoro method. I seem to concentrate a little better. I also plan to take up yoga and finally stop being distracted and learn to allocate quality work time for fulfilling tasks and quality time for rest and hobbies. After all, due to the distraction of eating or sitting on the phone, my work began to take up the whole day, and the results and efficiency decreased significantly. I lost the desire to go for a walk in the evening or do my hobbies. Therefore, I do not recommend being distracted.
Michael Shver
Tracking your time and understanding how much of it you spend on distractions actually helps to spend less on them over time 😂 (and as a bonus helps to get a better understanding of how much time different tasks need on average). But, not gonna lie, sometimes it's just hard to focus on work no matter which methods you use.
Yami Sun
Launching soon!
Get distracted. We're launching "Cascad3 - A decentralized inspiration-driven publishing platform" on Product Hunt soon. Let's collaborate! I would appreciate your support and feedback by clicking the "Notify Me" button to stay tuned and be the first to know when Cascad3 debuts on the stage.👇 bit.ly/cascad3 Thank you! Best regards, Yami
Heyalbert
Taking short breaks to stretch or go for a walk helps reset my focus when distractions pop up.
Emma Harrington
I usually deal with distractions while working from home by setting up a designated workspace, creating a daily routine, and using time management techniques like the Pomodoro Technique to maintain focus. It's all about finding the right balance and creating a productive work environment. What about you? How do you handle distractions while working from home?
Ruben Boonzaaijer
@emma_harrington For me it's more or less the same, I always have the same routine, and I try to keep my workspace as empty as possible to reduce distractions
Gene Nemirovsky
I maintain a healthy balance by leading an active lifestyle, which helps me focus better when I'm working. I love my work and have high-value clients, so staying focused is crucial. This approach keeps me sharp and ready to deliver the best results for my clients.
Luka Brzin
Launching soon!
I try not to work from home as much as possible. I'm very lucky since we have an awesome co-working office in the city center. But if i have to work from home i do these 3 things: - put my phone away - set timers for when i work and when i take breaks - have a room in my house designed just for work (like an office; because if you work in the living room, bedroom or the kitchen it's not going to work --> the brain registers these places as places for relaxation) Hope this helps :)
Ryan Zhang
Launching soon!
To manage distractions at home, I've found setting strict work hours and creating a designated workspace to be incredibly effective. It's also helpful to use apps that limit social media use during these hours, keeping focus sharp and productivity high.