How can you prevent losing the PH strike? πŸ”₯ Tips given

We all know how it hurts when you lose your lovely streak. In one of my posts, I asked what are the most common reasons for losing your strike. πŸ”₯ So I thought of how you could avoid it. 4 things that came to my mind: πŸ”” Set reminders πŸ’» Have an open tab with PH in your browser (on your sight, on your mind) πŸ›œ Try to avoid travelling to places where there is no wi-fi or even signal (I used to travel to such places within my country a few years back deep into the forest) – but that was a different stage of my life πŸ˜€ πŸ“± Try to log in at least 2 times per day. You can also have (I call it β€œtime zone strategy”) – opening the PH during the most popular timezones (someone's random article about timezones: https://strawpoll.com/most-popul... ) Do you have any other recommendations that could help?

Replies

Narcis Mirandes
Why do you all care so much? Why do you think the PH strike if for?
Business Marketing with Nika
@narcismirandes I think that it is a mixture of the competitive nature of a human being + addiction. :D we are weak :DDD
Nicola Lanzilotto
My strategy is to always have a tab open with PH. Before the working day starts I refresh the page to see the new launches. I do the same during my lunch break and after I finish work. For weekdays I have no problems because they are like working days (lighter though because I manage what and how much to do). I don't yet know what strategy I will adopt during my days off (I only have 240 consecutive days), however I can't remember a day that I didn't open the PC.
@nicola_lanzilotto It is like creating a habit. But honestly, when I had a rush day, I almost forgot. It was when I travelled. So I decided to setup notifications.
@nicola_lanzilotto and congrats to your πŸ”₯ 240 day streak. :)
Nicola Lanzilotto
To make sure I don't losing my PH strike I will definitely follow your advice.Thanks πŸ˜‰
@nicola_lanzilotto It would be an ideal case to keep it thanks to these :)
Rick Fan
I also lost my 120+ streak on my trip...
Savia Salaria
Thanks for the tips, Nika. I am very bad at maintaining the PH streak πŸ˜‚. Someone suggested using the PH mobile app to maintain streaks.
@savia_salaria I do not use the app at all :D That's why I am a total idiot when I enter it once a year :DD do not know what is where :D
Michael
Solid advice! Another tip is to log in at the same time ever day so it becomes a habit.
@michael_baumgartner Creating habit! πŸ’― That's the point we want to achieve. Then it is hard to break it.
Mingjie Liu
These tips are so useful! As I just joined PH, this definitely helps me a lot on keeping PH strike, thanks a lot!
Andreas Sohns
Fantastic tips! Thanks for sharing
Alex AI
Great tips as usual! But: @busmark_w_nika what did you do on November 22, 2022? What was the reason to not be on Product Hunt and lose your streak? :lol:
@byalexai I really do not know :D probably didn't know how it works :D
Tymek ZapaΕ‚a
For me email notifications about new discussion helps. These are a hook for me because there is a lot of really interesting topics, so it's sort of magnet for me to open the product hunt :D
@tymzap Nice tip. When someone put controversial one, you need to answer :D
Kshitij
Launching soon!
I find the app to be the most effective, it's much easier for me compared to the desktop. I just casually browse it once/twice a day while travelling/some other daily routine activity and it's almost a habit now.
@kshitij11 It depends on the "device consumption". Many people are "mobile only". I am a bit exception cause 95% of my time I am on desktop (easier and faster for writing) :D
Kshitij
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika that's true too. For me, I usually use my laptop for work so risk losing the streak of weekends without my phone haha
My3 Murthy
I have a calendar reminder & I have PH on my phone- the app is clunky & doesn't allow me to upvote but it works fine for the most part
@my3_murthy I thought that only my app was a little bit off but it seems that is a general problem. :D
My3 Murthy
@busmark_w_nika Yeah- its weird- sometimes it doesn't let me comment, but if I close the app & reopen, it works fine! lol
@my3_murthy No budget for PH smartphone app development :D just kiddin
Sree
setting a reminder is what I do too, but I find it too distracting to have PH tabs open. I found myself peeking in every hour when I first joined here and had some tabs open.
@sreenington I am the same! Too curious so I find myself to be there permanently :D
Sarah Mooney
It's the saddest thing ever when you lose your streak. I got to 22 days, was too busy travelling to login and lost it. :( What really helps me is having the PH app on my phone. And having a reminder on my phone.
@sarahthemarketer are you about to start again with your streaks? :)
Sarah Mooney
@busmark_w_nika oh yes! Gonna try my best to
Maryna Kotenko
I have a habit "Check PH" in my Habitify app :)
@mkotenko and you are doing great – 88 days :) 12 left to 100 :)
Tim Liao
1.Just put on my to-do-list at the first. 2.Make it a habit to wake up every day and look at the number one posting first!
Lishi@Fork.ai
Need more upvotes!
Gurkaran Singh
Ah, losing that Product Hunt streak feels like dropping your phone - painful! To prevent it, think of your PH login like your morning coffee - essential and non-negotiable. Keep that streak brewing! β˜•