How can you prevent losing the PH strike? ๐Ÿ”ฅ Tips given

We all know how it hurts when you lose your lovely streak. In one of my posts, I asked what are the most common reasons for losing your strike. ๐Ÿ”ฅ So I thought of how you could avoid it. 4 things that came to my mind: ๐Ÿ”” Set reminders ๐Ÿ’ป Have an open tab with PH in your browser (on your sight, on your mind) ๐Ÿ›œ Try to avoid travelling to places where there is no wi-fi or even signal (I used to travel to such places within my country a few years back deep into the forest) โ€“ but that was a different stage of my life ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ“ฑ Try to log in at least 2 times per day. You can also have (I call it โ€œtime zone strategyโ€) โ€“ opening the PH during the most popular timezones (someone's random article about timezones: https://strawpoll.com/most-popul... ) Do you have any other recommendations that could help?

Replies

Nicola Lanzilotto
My strategy is to always have a tab open with PH. Before the working day starts I refresh the page to see the new launches. I do the same during my lunch break and after I finish work. For weekdays I have no problems because they are like working days (lighter though because I manage what and how much to do). I don't yet know what strategy I will adopt during my days off (I only have 240 consecutive days), however I can't remember a day that I didn't open the PC.
Business Marketing with Nika
@nicola_lanzilotto It is like creating a habit. But honestly, when I had a rush day, I almost forgot. It was when I travelled. So I decided to setup notifications.
Nicola Lanzilotto
To make sure I don't losing my PH strike I will definitely follow your advice.Thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰
Rick Fan
I also lost my 120+ streak on my trip...
Savia Salaria
Thanks for the tips, Nika. I am very bad at maintaining the PH streak ๐Ÿ˜‚. Someone suggested using the PH mobile app to maintain streaks.
@savia_salaria I do not use the app at all :D That's why I am a total idiot when I enter it once a year :DD do not know what is where :D
Michael
Solid advice! Another tip is to log in at the same time ever day so it becomes a habit.
@michael_baumgartner Creating habit! ๐Ÿ’ฏ That's the point we want to achieve. Then it is hard to break it.
Mingjie Liu
These tips are so useful! As I just joined PH, this definitely helps me a lot on keeping PH strike, thanks a lot!
Andreas Sohns
Fantastic tips! Thanks for sharing
Alex AI
Great tips as usual! But: @busmark_w_nika what did you do on November 22, 2022? What was the reason to not be on Product Hunt and lose your streak? :lol:
Tymek Zapaล‚a
For me email notifications about new discussion helps. These are a hook for me because there is a lot of really interesting topics, so it's sort of magnet for me to open the product hunt :D
Kshitij
Launching soon!
I find the app to be the most effective, it's much easier for me compared to the desktop. I just casually browse it once/twice a day while travelling/some other daily routine activity and it's almost a habit now.
@kshitij11 It depends on the "device consumption". Many people are "mobile only". I am a bit exception cause 95% of my time I am on desktop (easier and faster for writing) :D
Kshitij
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika that's true too. For me, I usually use my laptop for work so risk losing the streak of weekends without my phone haha
My3 Murthy
I have a calendar reminder & I have PH on my phone- the app is clunky & doesn't allow me to upvote but it works fine for the most part
@my3_murthy I thought that only my app was a little bit off but it seems that is a general problem. :D
My3 Murthy
@busmark_w_nika Yeah- its weird- sometimes it doesn't let me comment, but if I close the app & reopen, it works fine! lol
Narcis Mirandes
Why do you all care so much? Why do you think the PH strike if for?
@narcismirandes I think that it is a mixture of the competitive nature of a human being + addiction. :D we are weak :DDD
Sree
setting a reminder is what I do too, but I find it too distracting to have PH tabs open. I found myself peeking in every hour when I first joined here and had some tabs open.
Sarah Mooney
It's the saddest thing ever when you lose your streak. I got to 22 days, was too busy travelling to login and lost it. :( What really helps me is having the PH app on my phone. And having a reminder on my phone.
@sarahthemarketer are you about to start again with your streaks? :)
Maryna Kotenko
I have a habit "Check PH" in my Habitify app :)
Tim Liao
1.Just put on my to-do-list at the first. 2.Make it a habit to wake up every day and look at the number one posting first!
Lishi@Fork.ai
Need more upvotes!
Gurkaran Singh
Ah, losing that Product Hunt streak feels like dropping your phone - painful! To prevent it, think of your PH login like your morning coffee - essential and non-negotiable. Keep that streak brewing! โ˜•