• Subscribe
  • How can startups leverage Product Hunt to gain early traction?

Austin Armstrong
    27 replies

Replies

Derek Liu
    Launch their products on PH first (to earn some backlinks), I guess?
    DoฤŸa Armangil
    Great question! This question hints at one possible answer to another question, which is: "why should I launch on PH?". To come back to your question: * Sell to businesses/entrepreneurs rather than consumers. PH is probably not the place for reaching consumers one by one, although word-of-mount can play a role. * Try and show hard numbers about how what you are selling can grow your customers' revenue or reduce their expenses. ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜‰2๐˜‰ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜˜๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ.๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ข๐˜š ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต 13 ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ. ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ? ๐˜ž๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ, ๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ข๐˜š ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ข๐˜š ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด, ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜˜๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ˆ๐˜—๐˜๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ 10๐˜น ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜™๐˜Œ๐˜š๐˜›. ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    At least increased visibility + Feedback for improvement + contacts (e. g. investors, top-notches in the industry that can help them with the direction).
    Ryan Ward
    Startups can use Product Hunt to gain early traction by launching their product there to tap into a community of tech enthusiasts and early adopters. Engaging with the community, gathering feedback, and building buzz around your launch can drive visibility and initial user adoption. Itโ€™s also a great way to get valuable insights and build relationships with potential customers and influencers.
    Zoey Graham
    I believe startups should make the most of their Product Hunt launch by building a buzz before launch day. Being active in the comments and showing appreciation to early supporters can go a long way.
    Landon Powell
    I feel focusing on creating a solid, helpful product page helps. A clear description, engaging visuals, and getting your community involved on launch day really sets things off.
    Luka Brzin
    They can use it primarly for one thing: a backlink to their landing page. After being a daily Product Hunt user for about 6 months now I have discovered that this is the most useful thing you get from Product Hunt. You get traction also, but 0 users...
    SEOXPERT
    "Startups can leverage Product Hunt to gain early traction by launching their product on the platform to reach a highly engaged community of early adopters and tech enthusiasts. Engaging with users, responding to feedback, and utilizing Product Huntโ€™s features can help generate buzz and attract valuable attention. For further tips on boosting your startupโ€™s visibility, check out this fantastic website https://fabsalarycheck.com/
    Toni
    From my own experience and with the startups I advised for their launch, itโ€™s more about viability and โ€œexposure momentumโ€ than early client acquisition. 1) PH is good to get visible and test your value prop to see it attracts people to your product/site. 2) itโ€™s Great to get feedback on your product to iterate and improve fast. But unless your product really target PHโ€™s audience, most of people are just curious but not buyers.
    Bailey Richardson
    Pick a day with less competition or when your target audience is most active. Product Huntโ€™s daily leaderboard can be less crowded on certain days, helping your product stand out.
    Davis Adams
    Make sure your listing is compelling with a clear description, high-quality visuals, and a strong value proposition. Your goal is to capture attention quickly.
    Holden Horton
    Craft a thoughtful and engaging launch post that explains what your product does, why itโ€™s unique, and why it matters. Include screenshots, a demo video, or a quick walkthrough.
    Eric Foster
    Provide special offers or discounts to Product Hunt users as an incentive for them to try out your product. This can make your listing more appealing and encourage morre engagement.
    Allan
    Aiswers.com
    Aiswers.com
    Once launchded, we did get some attention from the community. It's giving a good boost.
    Iulian D
    Stay active in the discussion section after your launch. Answer questions, respond to feedback, and engage with users to build relationships.
    Noah Christopher Bennett
    Definitely leverage PH to reach potential B2B customers! Share concrete examples of how your product can boost their revenue or cut costs. For instance, if you're launching an AI writing assistant, highlight how much time and ๐Ÿ’ฐ it can save businesses on content creation. Show real-world numbers. Also engage with the community, build relationships, and get feedback from potential customers to improve your offering. PH is a great place to get early traction for B2B!
    Katerina Dedyulya
    good question! i was thinking about it and for me ... launching on Product Hunt is like throwing a party for your startup and hoping the cool kids show up. The key is to hype it up!
    Kelly B. Menchaca
    In my opinion early user feedback from Product Hunt can be gold. How do you make the most of those initial reactions to improve your product?
    jackCheng
    Get early attention, get seed users and feedback, and get more input and support
    Iris Carr
    I have found that engaging with the community and responding to comments quickly really helps build momentum. Anyone else have success with this approach?