Health hacks for the home office

What small health change(s) made a big difference for you? Some that have helped me: - Using a standing desk - Using aromatherapy (e.g. diffusers like lavender)

Replies

Siesta everyday. Lie down and close your eyes for at least 15 minutes, and try to think about ddefinitely NOTHING
Sarah McKean
Might mess with your aromatheraphy, but getting an air filter!
Dzmitry Tsemirau
In my opinion, that's not enough. You need to make an effort to take breaks from work and get some physical activity.
Kira Ortega
Incorporating regular stretching breaks Investing in an ergonomic chair Implementing the 20-20-20 rule (every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds) Hydrating consistently throughout the day Setting specific work hours to maintain a work-life balance
Asim Javed
- I complete my 10k steps every day. - I watch an episode on Netflix with lunch to get my mind off things. - Incorporate mindfulness or meditation into your daily routine - Indoor plants not only improve air quality but also can boost your mood and productivity. - Take short breaks every hour to stretch and walk around. This can reduce the risk of muscle stiffness and eye strain.
Standing desk with treadmill! Boom
Anh Ngo (Austin)
Walk frequently :)
Trang Pham
I think the standing desk is a great idea. While I worked at home, I could not feel my back.
Marek Sotak
When working from home, share your work hours, use 'Do Not Disturb' signs or a closed door, and set clear boundaries for increased productivity and reduced stress.
Loane
- going to the gym almost everyday to make sure I go out a bit - choosing an hour to text my friends to not feel isolated - taking time to cook good food cuz "you are what you eat"
Janie Baek
I worked remotely all throughout COVID and some of my health hacks were: - morning walks (even if it's 10-15 minutes) - eating breakfast. i found that morning fuel would help me going for longer - limiting coffee and/or switching to matcha. I drank so many cups of coffee and def wasn't good for me - bought a standing desk! stood up for meetings to be on my feet more
Anjali N
Music does a magic to work :)
Artyom Sviridov
Keep the air in the room fresh, take walks before/after work, don't forget to take breaks and drink enough water :)
Yogita Gholap
Never delay your breakfast and take a break of 10/15 minutes every 2.5 hours. And if kids are around make sure doors are locked in online meetings
Rahul Mishra
You need to add physical and mental exercise for better health.
One small health change that made a big difference for me is incorporating short stretching exercises throughout the day. It really helps with my posture and overall comfort during long hours at the desk.
Ruslan.D
i want to learn how to sleep after fast lunch at least for 30min .. guess it will be most helpful for keeping health ) πŸ˜ƒ
Vivek Sharma
I try strolling for atleast 10 mins every hour or two
LNguyen
Practice healthy eating habits :)
Maria Anosova πŸ”₯
Use of a table that can be raised (so you can work standing or sitting)