Have you done cold outreach ? Is it effective for indies?

Sanat Mohanty
10 replies
Hey folks 👋 Have you tried cold outreach? Did you get a satisfactory outcome? What channels worked for you - email, Twitter DM, Linkedin DM etc? My personal experience: cold outreach through emails gave me mixed results - an open rate of 35+% but reply rate of less than 5%. Would love to hear other experiences.

Replies

Matthew Stein
Email is tough, LinkedIn DMS and twitter work a little better for me. The main thing I've learned is that it's better to spend 10x the time customizing before the reach, instead of sending 10x the number of cold messages. Take the time in researching the person, interacting with them and replying to their posts before reaching out with an ask.
Sanat Mohanty
@matthew_stein3 i think it also depends on which channels one's audience is active. For B2B enterprise customers, email seems to work better.
Satish Kumar Veluri
We have also not seen encouraging results. The email culture after so many decades is still premature here in India. But we still do it.
Sanat Mohanty
@satish_kumar_veluri was it poor response rate, or poor conversion (like coming on a demo call) ?
Uttiya Roy
It worked well for us, 70% open rate and 6-7% replies. We gained a good number of clients through this too. If you want help, let's chat.
Sanat Mohanty
@uttiya_roy your open rates are insane ! How do achieve this ? By optimising just the subject line, or the preview text also ? Also, what is your TG ?
Uttiya Roy
@sanat_mohanty I have most optimized the subject line with personalization etc., I figured that if you make them think we had scheduled a talk earlier, they open the Emails. My TG is almost exclusively CXOs, and I have seen big organizations opening up and replying to these mails. On the personal side, when I am pitching, having funny one-liners helps. Haven't really done much work on preview text