Has your roadmap been affected by the OpenAI App Store?

Daniel Zaitzow
10 replies
I am curious how many makers products have shifted after the OpenAI announcement.

Replies

Jonathan Ho
I think folks might be underestimating some of the future costs for business models at scale.
Daniel Zaitzow
@jonathan_ho4 100% I typically ask people in their launches about how they're factoring/forecasting the cost of LLMs into the builds and what that looks like at scale for high-usage users.
Ranjana Girish
Being a AI startup ,yes we have made significant changes in our roadmap since ignoring such trends could lead to missed opportunities and competitive disadvantages. But while adapting to significant technological developments like an OpenAI app store can be crucial for many companies, especially those in tech-focused industries, it's not a one-size-fits-all decision. Each company must evaluate its unique situation, market conditions, and strategic goals to determine the necessity and extent of changes to its roadmap.
Kurtis Arias
The free app store lets you speak your queries via voice recognition and syncs your ChatGPT history across your devices. ChatGPT users who'd been looking for an official mobile app can now grab one courtesy of OpenAI, which today launched an iOS app for its popular AI chatbot.
AmazingSylvia
I asked exactly the same question yesterday. It looks like we have the same concerns about our products being disrupted by the release of the GPTs.
Daniel Zaitzow
@sylvia_sheng I am not too concerned about our core offering but I think it shifts quite a bit of our roadmapping
Richard Maxwell
We are definitely going to take advantage of the GPTs product sooner rather than later. It’s an easy but valuable add-on
Daniel Zaitzow
@richard_maxwell11a oh neat so affected in a positive way! I was presuming that many people in this ecosystem would be hindered by the ecosystem.
M James K
Previously i had no idea to integrate ai but now iam thinking to adapt according to it.