Half a year is almost gone. What have you accomplished so far?

It is time to summarise what have you done. It doesn't have to be necessarily related to work goals. Take it more complex. ----- What about me? πŸŽ₯ Started with YouTube interviews. 🌍 Visited a few countries (due to conferences or meetups) βœ‰οΈ Begun with writing newsletters and implemented sponsorship. 🀝 Met great new people in communities πŸ—£οΈ Tried learning new languages (but progress is very slow) πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Started being more active (more than I am or used to be) :D I think it is even more things that happened but I do not remember them all. What are your biggest shifts/challenges accomplished?

Replies

Congrats on accomplishing so much in just 1/2 year! I browsed a few videos and subscribed! You have a great start at becoming a top interviewer as you are calm, friendly, and engaged. Good job! I would share some of my accomplishments so far: 1. Spent max time with my two kids 2. Motivated my 15yr old son to get into Stanford's pre-collegiate program 3. Built a tool - showNotes app - that I use daily and will launch soon in July 4. Became advisor to a high-tech silicon IP startup. 5. Became advisor to a low-tech nonprofit startup.
Business Marketing with Nika
@shownotes Thank you Kabir, actually my goals are not achieved at all. :D you are doing great! What does your son want to study?
@busmark_w_nika He is very good at math; last year, he attended the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth program. He plans to follow in his parents' footsteps and study computer science/engineering. I hired him as a part-time employee in our company and he reports to two of our sr. engineers instead of the mom and dad founder/ceo/president :) He is currently researching language construct comparisons between RUST/C/C++/Python for us. His supervisors will review all his work, and if worthy, they will help him publish it as open-source material for others to benefit from in their research. He also has a long-term interest in environmental engineering and currently exploring a project to build an intelligent and artistic rain water capture solution. Sorry, I got excited to share about my son. :) My life's primary mission is to replace myself with better, kinder, smarter human beings and so I am very much a dad first. :)
@shownotes you are gonna crush it! According to your own words, he is trying so hard. At that early age to achieve such remarkable results... he is progressing too fast. Please, keep leading him this way. :) He will have more freedom and space in his life. :)
Natalia Toth
Landed a dream job after almost 1,5 years of pursuing the goal That's pretty much the only 2024 resolution I've kept so far :D Need to pay more effort to other goals as well
@natalia_toth what is the dream job? πŸ‘€ Can you share the rest of the resolutions you have set for yourself? πŸ˜€ Or is it TOP secret? πŸ˜…
Natalia Toth
@busmark_w_nika I planned to write and publish a book but keep on procrastinating with it. I'll probably start with short stories instead!
Mark Lemuel M
started my own website :D now I plan to get attention to social media by creating long and short formats!
@kilopolki Can you share the website? (you can start here) :)
@kilopolki Thank you! :) Do you also play any instruments?
@kilopolki Is it true that piano is easier than guitar? :D
Mark Lemuel M
@busmark_w_nika ahm it depends Nika.... usually I learned guitar since I was 13. so yeah It's my natural born talent . if I had exposed myself to piano when I was younger maybe.. but on technical side yeah ... piano is more easy to deal with than Guitar
Anastasiia Stepko
What a great topic that also gives me a bit of panic haha. I'll share my achievements that are not related to work: 1) Well, I started playing drums (added one more instrument to my ukulele) 2) We finally got a dog 3) I started to be very consistent with yoga
@anastasiia_stepko πŸ˜€ desparate times :D Drums hmm pretty cool! 🀘 Point 3 – we could practice together! :D Point 2 – where can we see that doggo? πŸ‘€β€οΈ
Anastasiia Stepko
@busmark_w_nika I'm completely up for practising together :) If you want to see the most cute puppy - find me on Instagram (oi_asya). He is adorable and all my friends probably hate me now, since I can't resist and not post only him!
@anastasiia_stepko Do you have it on other social media as well? Because I do not use IG. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜…
Alexandre Contador
Started my own SaaS Videco and now pushing it forward till the stratosphere of interactive video players :)
@alexdigitalmkt How do you reach out to B2B companies? Cold emailing, recommendations or what are you doing to be visible?
Alexandre Contador
@busmark_w_nika mainly outreach, SEO blogs and directories and a lot of networking, but that's always difficult with the time management :)
@alexdigitalmkt Hmmm, networking really works. I am trying to do it more often, and if possible IRL. :)
@alexdigitalmkt I Will be glad if you share some of them. :) I was at Slush, WebSummit, DEVWorld or ReflectFestival but still open to observe more :)
Alexandre Contador
@busmark_w_nika how was Slush? Thinking about going this year with my cofounder. Websummit perhaps next edition :)
Yoki Yue
Launched a new feature for our product, making it more user-friendly. Built valuable partnerships and collaborations. If you're interested, feel free to check out Xspiral - we've been working hard on it and would love your feedback.😁
@xspiral How did you create those 3D elements? Did you use Bridge?
@xspiral + with whom do you partner up with?
@xspiral I am more into 2D graphics, is there option too? :)
Toni
Congrats on all your achievements so far. You're a true inspiration ! from my end : ↩️ pivoted successfully buska.io to Social Lead Generation 🧠 launched an community about AI for product Teams theproductcourier.com πŸ§—πŸ»β€β™€οΈ improved my climbing skills a lot πŸ“ launched a Newsletter for my community (800 subs in 2 months) βš™οΈ learnt how to craft B2B automations to improve my productivity ✍🏻 built a micro saas for content repurposing repurposeapp.com 🧰 started working on my B2B Product Consulting offer and AI Training 🫢🏻 met and networked with amazing people Still many many goals to achieve, but it's not that bad after all, so far.
@toni_pm Thank you Toni! πŸ™‚ Looking at your goal accomplishment you are far away from me! :D I need to try more. πŸ˜€ What was the lead magnet for the newsletter? What provider do you use? :) How is it possible you are so productive? :D
Toni
@busmark_w_nika Thanks a lot. Sincerely I don't feel i achieved that much yet (i'll start finding some satisfaction when they generate enough revenue i think) For the newsletter growth, we share our free library of curated prompts we made ourselves for Product teams. That surely helps generate interest Aside from that, I use mainly outreach and growth tactics and lots lots of efforts πŸ˜… Newsletter is on substack theproductcourier.substack.com I am not very productive. I just spend countless time working on these projects πŸ˜… Would be much easier and smarter to focus on only ONE project .... But where is the fun in that right ? iihhihi
@toni_pm I got you. Revenue is a heart-warming feeling :D anyway, you produced so many things in such a short period of time. You are like riding a rocket :D Hmm,... I am considering substack as the platform for the newsletter. Do you have experience with other platforms and their comparison?
Toni
@busmark_w_nika thanks for your kind words, helps a lot with the confidence πŸ™πŸ» For platforms, yes I have tried beehiiv and Ghost (and hosting own blog for buska. too) In terms of copywriting, loved Ghost for email newsletter features, beehiiv and substack are toe to toe. Though in my mind beehiiv was easier to have gated content (not necessarily paid, but ask for email to access some content) . But beehiiv has changed a lot lately so there might be more things i'm not aware of. On substack, i like the "social" side of it and the ease of use, that's why we went for it for theproductcourier don't know if it helps, happy to discuss it further any time.
@toni_pm Do you mean this? https://ghost.org/publishers/ Re substack – are there any significant statistics and systems for managing contacts? Something for automatization as well?
Christoph Dyllick-Brenzinger
I realized that happiness is not made by external circumstances but to a large extent by oneself. I was very successful and lucky both professionally and privately. Nevertheless, I was always devastated. In my opinion, taking the time to question what you really want in life is essential.
Ibileke Samuel
Got a job as a network security analyst in a Cybersecurity firm Became the social media marketer of the amazing FlashApply, you can check us out on Product Hunt 😌😌⚑️ Met lots of amazing individuals who had a hand in my overall growth
@theonlyleke wait. Do you have 2 jobs at the same time? :D
Pablo Roig
I am far as I expected, not bad at all, but different from what I imagined.
@pabloroigburgui can you pin 2 or 3 points of achievements? :)
Vaibhav
From the 6 goals I set out to complete in the first 6 months, I was able to make progress in each of them. Major in some, minor in some. It wasn't the best progress though :(
@vaibhavdwivedi what was the main progress? In what?
Vaibhav
@busmark_w_nika I wanted to build an active source of income. I built Selftalk.ing but it has been a difficult journey to make it profitable.
My Phung
1/1 - 2/15 Research and complete development of new startup idea, Menumizer - scan restaurant menus and get realtime personal suggestions 2/20 Started development of BuilderFive, was then a marketing tool to bring students to more on-campus events 2/20 - 6/11 Pivoted 4 times. Hosted 3 networking events. Thousands of hours of research through experimentation and interviews. Broke ties with all of my cofounders. Those 4 months were a rollercoaster. 5/5 Graduated from college 6/11 5th pivot: Audio-based meetup platform to call with a group of local people over a shared topic and then schedule to meet in-person at a local coffee shop.
@my_phung and what happened with the Menumizer? :) Sounds interesting. We had something similar for vegan/vegetarian Slovak restaurants :)
@my_phung BTW, congrats to graduation. :) Do you wanna continue? Phd? :)
My Phung
@busmark_w_nika I entered an accelerator with my cofounder at the time and they had us try an ideation process to realize an idea we both had experience and excitement in. Menumizer was to be just a project to solve a simple problem, we couldn’t imagine ourselves working on it for 10 years
My Phung
@busmark_w_nika nooo I am done with school haha. I’m moving across the United States to start my new life!
@my_phung so the idea wasn't more developed? Just out of curiosity: What was the name of the accelerator?
Casper Brix
βœ… Published my book in English βœ… Created First Book ai that's launching next week!
@casper_brix Is your book available somewhere? :)
Casper Brix
@busmark_w_nika Sure, different shops all over the world! The easiest for most is Amazon. You can check it ou here: https://www.amazon.com/Paradox-P...
@casper_brix Thanks! 191 pages. How long have you been writing it + revising + getting feedback etc together with publication and shipping? I have been thinking about publishing as well but not so sure about the cost and the value I can share.
A. Fandresena Rakotoniaina
I would say: 1) Continuing working on Building an AI-powered language learning web3 game: Speakjourney: https://www.speakjourney.com/ (still looking for a CTO) 2) Getting more consistent with my Blog on Substack https://lionessandeagle.substack... 3) learning Portuguese and improving my Spanish 4) I Was able to present my project at Women in web3 Summit in Lisbon 5) Connected with a lot of cool people in the web3 industry 6) created a language learning group on telegram
@lionessandeagle Spanish! ❀️ I try learning. What materials do you use? :) BTW, wanna test the substack. Do you find it a good tool for emails? Before I migrate from my current platform, would like to have some valid feedback :D
Jerryton
Launching soon!
Founded two startups. Completed more than 30 books. Learned various skills.
@jerryton which book was the most interesting for you? BTW, congrats on two doubled startup founding. :)
Jerryton
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika The Diary of a CEO is one of the best books I have read so far. I am a down-to-earth person, so I learned the 49 laws of power and am implementing them in my professional life. P.S. Managing two startups at the same time is making my brain feel like roasting bread.
@jerryton :DDD please, do not roast your brain :D more you are talking about reading more I need that aspect of forcing myself into the reading :D
Mather Marker
I've completed my first marathon and learned to play the guitar. Its been a rewarding and exciting journey of personal growth!
Michael Pell
Launched a product I spent month working on! Technically, it's a V.2, but the only thing that remained is the idea and some backend. The look, the feel, the logic is all new Just started promoting it, and about to launch here as well
Joe Workman
I put on my 8th annual 3 day online summit for web designers. Shipped 3 new products. And just shipped beta 2 of a product that has been in the works for 5 years now. Also on the final stretch of a DIY kitchen remodel that has taken me 2 years.
@joeworkman What was the name of the online Summit? :) Do you plan to attend any real-time conference? :)
Joe Workman
@busmark_w_nika Its called the Weaver's Space Summit. https://summit.weavers.space/ I went to ConvertKit's conference last year. Meh. I should start going to more.
@joeworkman Didn't know that ConvertKit has its own conference :D Good to know. When did it take place then? :)
Marc Chia
Launching soon!
Revamped my product so we can better serve a global market and started doing deep work in growth engineering to optimise and automate our outreach. Last thing is getting started on Product Hunt :)
Benny
Managed to launch my first product into the wild on Product Hunt :)