From Being Unfamiliar with Product Hunt to #2 in Product of the Day in 5 Weeks. AMA

Joshua de la Llana
12 replies
Hello Product Hunters! After 6 weeks of effort, we released ClassPoint yesterday and ended #2 in Product of the Day https://www.producthunt.com/post... This has been one of the most helpful communities that I've engaged with and would love the opportunity to give back. It's been a whirlwind of testing, hustling, and experiments for the five weeks our team was focused on this project, and would love to share our learnings with anyone interested. Some things about our campaign: - We gained 400 followers in two weeks through our teaser before launching - We've iterated through at least 15 taglines, 3 images, and 5 descriptions - We ended with 550 upvotes and 230 comments on launch day. - We've attributed 50 new users and 6 paid subscribers from the campaign. AMA!

Replies

Kavita
This is awesome statistics. How did you go about getting those 400 followers for your teaser? It would also be great to know what kind of pre-launch and on the launch activity your team did to get those incredible numbers.
@kkavita we implemented a couple of projects on this. 1. Reach out. Our team spent time reaching out to community members with a specific focus on those that are active in the discussions and are just about to launch. I found it surprising how engaged PH members are into helping out. We have roughly a 30% success rate in terms of them following us after reach out, and a good chunk of them even gives early feedback on the product and campaign assets, which was really helpful. This started two weeks before our launch, and good 150 our of our 400 followers came from this effort. 2. Participation on Discussions. All of our team members participated heavily in the discussions. A "launching soon" badge appears by your name once you have a teaser and what we find is that this brings in a trickle of subscribers. I don't have an active measure of this though, aside from knowing that when no other initiatives are active, followers do come in everytime there is a highly upvoted comment. I'd say this probably brought in around 50 followers for our campaign. 3. Activating our Community. We are lucky that our product already has some form of highly engaged following that is eager to help us succeed. So we just decided to officially launch our new feature in Product Hunt (AI Quiz Generator from your Slides) and announce to everyone that our teaser page is our waitlist.
Neha
Great Journey! Congratulation! Keep it up👍
BALAMURALI T R
This is amazing ! Inspired