For web developers: How do you prefer to integrate 3D animations into websites?

Alex Bender
5 replies
Do you have preferred frameworks or libraries for this? What challenges do you face when working with 3D animations?

Replies

Jagriti Kumar
I see that currently there are good tools to create 3D (like spline or womp) but integrating it into websites is still a tough task especially if you're not a developer like me. My team is working on a product which is something like 'canva for 3D'. It can integrate a 3d space with interactions and it own analytics on a website. As for framework/libraries, we are using three.js
mygarbageschedule
Integrating 3D animations into websites can greatly enhance user experience and engagement. Web developers have several preferred methods and tools for incorporating 3D animations effectively: WebGL and Three.js: WebGL: A JavaScript API that allows for rendering 3D graphics within any compatible web browser without the use of plug-ins. Three.js: A popular library built on top of WebGL that simplifies the creation and manipulation of 3D graphics. It provides a range of features such as geometry, lights, materials, shaders, and more, making it easier to develop and integrate complex 3D bud light marketing controversy scenes. Use Cases: Interactive visualizations, 3D models, immersive experiences, games, and dynamic backgrounds.
Chuck Alvarez
For 3D animations, I prefer Three.js for web and Unity/Unreal Engine for mobile/desktop. Challenges include performance optimization, cross-device compatibility, and the complexity of creating realistic animations.