First thoughts after yesterdays launch

Nikolas Dimitroulakis
37 replies
Our goals: ☂️ Someone could say that this is a straightforward answer: to be #1 product of the day or at least to be in the top 5. Right? Well, sort of. lesson #1 is: try to resist going for vanity targets, metrics and badges. Go for goals that are meaningful to your platform: Visits, registered users, community engagement. Lesson #2 : Having a hunter certainly helps especially if you are new on Product Hunt. 🕺We also debated over creating an upcoming page. Creating an upcoming page enables you to showcase your product and get some initial interest in the launch. Which brings me to mistake #1: Not creating an upcoming page as soon as possible. 🥷I won't lie: launch days at Product Hunt are quite fun. I enjoyed the outreach, seeing the comments pop up, seeing the visitors converting to users, seeing everything become alive. There is a certain adrenaline and excitement that is absolutely unique. Lesson #4 : Enjoy that day. Really. 🥳 mistake #2: Relied on certain regions and mistake #3: Relied on new users. While we did a pretty good job in creating a buzz and engaging in discussions, we understood that many of the juicers we reached out to, had not actually made their product hunt profile. This approach penalizes the ranking - this is why we were #4 instead of #2. Overall, after our launch on product hunt, we observed: 1. High increase in site visits 2. 200x increase in registered users 3. Tremendous engagement and cool ideas around our roadmap 🏋🏻‍♀️ Lesson 5#: Focus on growth targets, give the right urgency for signups (perhaps an exclusive promotional coupon for your plans) and engage in sincere discussions. We will keep doing this here: 🧚‍♂️ https://www.producthunt.com/post... More thoughts to follow, after we get some rest after the all-nighter. Best, Nikolas

Replies

Edy
Thanks for sharing this Nikolas. Useful info for all the makers here trying to showcase their product!
Philippe Beaudoin
Thanks for sharing! As a newcomer on the platform (I love it!) this is super duper useful.
Anastasiia Zvenigorodskaia
Great thoughts! Thank u for posting, now I have many things to think about
Chetan Natesh
congratulations Nikolas , all the best 👍
Nikolas Dimitroulakis
@chetan_natesh for you as well. When are you launching?
Nico Spijker
Congrats on the launch, super cool insights :).
Michael Lachar
Thanks for sharing this. Very helpful as we prepare for our launch.
Samuel
Very nice summary. And I hope it helps others planning their launches. Love the community here on product hunt and appreciate all the support we got!
Gabriella Anjani
Great points, thanks for sharing Nikolas! Hopefully this would be really helpful to other people who are planning their next launch 🌞
Toh Xue Zun
Thanks for sharing, really insightful. Congratulation on your launch. Amazing product!
Gunjan Bhatnagar
Thank you for sharing your experiences! This is especially helpful for folks looking to launch, to plan their strategies better, and be prepared for anything.
Dani Fernandez
Thanks for sharing! Quite interesting!!
Daniel Burns
Congrats on the launch and thank you for the awesome insights! As we're preparing for our launch, this was super helpful.
Nikolas Dimitroulakis
@testifi happy you enjoyed Daniel! When are you launching?
Daniel Burns
@nikolas_dimitroulakis It's yet to be decided, we're trying to gather info as much as we can and be well prepared. That's why I really appreciate your insights!
Brody Nienow
Really a big Thanks for sharing this Nikolas. Useful info for all the makers here trying to showcase your experience and art!