First paying users - it feels good!

Hey everyone! πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹ Just wanted to share a success story to hopefully inspire other makers here on PH. We have started brewing on the idea of Touring, our travel app, more than 1 year ago. This is the timeline of our approach for the past years or so: - Idea (1+ year ago) - Prototypes & initial experiments on the field (1 year ago) - First development (11 months ago): apps available for early adopters - First launch on Product Hunt (9 months ago): 2nd Product of the day - Deep dive and develop further (9 months ago -> 1 month ago) - Second launch on Product Hunt (1 month ago): 8th Product of the day & apps available on the stores - Marketing initiatives to drive traffic (few months ago -> current) πŸŽ‰ First paying users: a few weeks ago! We had users buying Touring passes in Paris, Lisbon and other major cities (Touring works globally!). It’s been a hard journey, and the journey ahead is even harder. But man, seeing people paying for something you are creating is such an amazing feeling. Hope you all get it with your products! If you want to know more about the details of each of the steps above, check out this other discussion I made on PH where I dive deeper into them: https://www.producthunt.com/disc... Also, if you are curious and love learning about the places you travel to, consider checking out the app. It’s available on both iOS and Android! πŸ“² Get it for FREE at touringapp.eu And feel free to connect on linkedin and ask any questions you might have! Glad to share and help πŸš€ This is me: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabr...

Replies

Great to know about this success, Gabriele. I'm launching cxful soon, and yes the journey has been long covering a decade in this field. Curious, what all did you do to market your product apart from Product Hunt?
@vertikanigam Personal network, socials, flier distribution in squares, influencers, paid search, organic search, product-led growth with sharing and referral program in-app!
Business Marketing with Nika
Congratulations! I share your joy, something similar happened to me a few weeks ago. Heartwarming feeling. πŸ˜€
@busmark_w_nika Hey Nika!! Super happy for you too! Was your journey as long as ours, or different?
Business Marketing with Nika
@gabriele_mazzola I think a little bit different because I more focus on building an audience and I will offer sponsorship tiers which is a bit different product.
CY Zhou
Congratulations, Gabriele! The first paying users are always a huge milestoneβ€”keep up the great work!
EvalsOne
hard work will always pay off, congrats! we hope to land our first major customer soon.
Natalia Toth
Congratulations! We're about to introduce payments soon, too, so I can feel your excitement :) So was your tool marketed as a free one before?
@natalia_toth Hope you guys succeed! No it's always been advertised as a free app with a freemium plan :)
@natalia_toth But for early adopters, we had free unlimited usage until public release on the app stores
Aruna Neervannan
Congratulations! Getting your first customer is always a great feeling. One to remember going forward.
Congrats! it sure feels good. Hope you get next 10,100,1000 soon. good luck
Pedro
Hi everyone, I want to share my recent experience using the Smart Destiny Matrix calculator from https://destinynums.com/en/. It has been incredible!!! When I first found out about the calculator, I was a little skeptical, but decided to try it out for interest. The results were so detailed and accurate that I learned a lot about myself. I was especially impressed with the deciphering of the results, which helped me better understand my strengths and weaknesses, as well as my personal goals and future prospects. I received tips on how to improve my qualities and overcome challenges. This tool is really worth trying, especially if you are interested in self-development and personal forecasts. I recommend it to everyone, it's really useful and informative!
Shadman Nazim
@pedrokusios Your message about the Smart Destiny Matrix calculator is really interesting! It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience with it. I will try to check it out!
Shadman Nazim
Congratulations! Great job on getting your first paying users! It's inspiring to see your progress from the initial idea to having users buy tour passes in different cities. Keep up the good work, and best of luck on your journey ahead!
Ashley from Shadow
Congrats! You must be over the moon πŸš€
Daniel Zaitzow
Curious what the goal is now re: hitting user targets.
Isla Baker
That's awesome, Gabriele! Seeing your hard work pay off is the best feeling. πŸ’ͺ
Congratulations on your first paying users, Gabriele! It's inspiring to see the hard work and dedication paying off. Wishing you continued success with Touring!
Narmina Balabayli
Awesome! Hard work pays off, keep it up!! πŸš€
Amit Arora
it has been lot of hard work. congratulations for initial paying users. Feel joy to listen to your story 😊