Don't confuse branding with marketing

Branding 1st. Marketing 2nd. But you need both for business. Branding is all about making people FEEL something. Marketing is all about making people DO something. Most importantly... You can't get someone to DO something unless they FEEL something. This is why branding and marketing go hand in hand like Bonnie and Clyde kinda vibes. Your BRANDING has to... Create stories that make customers FEEL CONNECTED to the brand. πŸ“– The kind of stories that make you relatable. The real stuff. I'm not here to hurt feelings, I promise, but you're not perfect, just like me, so stop trying to be. 🫢 MARKETING is all about... Make sure the right people SEE your brand and what you do. πŸ‘€ I like to call it, building brand presence. You can't build your business with just branding, and you can't build your business with just marketing. You need both. 🀝 Why do you need both? Branding speaks to the heart pulling on emotion. 🀍 Marketing speaks to the mind making people take action. 🧠

Replies

Janie Baek
thisπŸ‘‡!! totally agree on needing both
Business Marketing with Nika
@janie_baek πŸ˜‡ Thank you for your comment. It means a lot to me that you are engaged with community.
Neel Patel
So right about this one!
Rohit Joshi
Great insights on branding and marketing.
Michael Gammon
Nice summary Nika... and positioning is something else as well - see April Dunsford's book it's very useful for product makers going to market. Please follow me for our launch, cheers, Mike
Michael Gammon
Yes, I met her at a workshop in Dublin, she has really helped us narrow down our ICP and how we communicate with then, worth reading and doing the positioning exercise if you are creating a product
Vincent Xu
I totally resonate with your emphasis on authenticity in branding. It's so important to be real and relatable, because that's what truly connects with people.
Hiep Nguyen
This is useful for me. Thanks for sharing!
Lada
Very eloquent summary, we always say branding and marketing branding and marketing are two things, for the same destination again!
Ethan Nguyen
This is useful for me. Thanks for sharing!
Matej Cabadaj
As always, valuable reminder! Thanks @busmark_w_nika !
Terry
This is so, so important
Saniyyah Prima
Nice insights, Nika!
Steef Dann
Thanks for the detailed explanation! Really got some pointers to remember.
Jessica Ebden
Absolutely agree!
James Will
Absolutely agree! Your explanation eloquently captures the symbiotic relationship between branding and marketing. A powerful brand story evokes emotions, fostering a deep connection with the audience. Meanwhile, strategic marketing ensures that your brand reaches the right audience and prompts them to take action. It's indeed a dynamic duo β€” branding for the heart and marketing for the mind. Well said! πŸŒŸπŸ‘
Diksha Patro B
Many people just fail to understand this and others refuse to acknowledge this. It pays of to understand this on the long run!
Nitin Joshi
this is very helpful thank you for easy explanation