Does "your personal AI nutritionist" sound compelling?

Aravind Parameswaran
4 replies
or is the nutrition space so crowded that your instinctive reaction is "Meh, another diet app"?

Replies

Andrew Cook
meh, another AI app that doesn't need to be ai. why waste computational energy on something that can be accomplished with a pencil and paper?
Aravind Parameswaran
@backseosoftware Andrew, interesting perspective! I'm curious what you mean by doing it with pencil & paper. Do you mind elaborating?
Andrew Cook
@imaravind like, write down the food you eat and the calories/whatever you want to track. We all have a general idea on healthy foods, I don't think that an AI telling you the same thing every source on health tells you will motivate people more. At best it would be a fad app, but that's just my opinion.
Aravind Parameswaran
@backseosoftware Gotcha. So our hypothesis is that most people don’t know what’s right vs wrong for their body, their goal, their lifestyle. This is primarily because there's so much contradictory info on the internet (Thanks to "Big Food"). Additionally how long can someone write down/ keep manual track of what they are eating etc.? All of these can be solved with AI elegantly and offered at a super low price point than consulting a human dietitian which'll cost $50+/month. Does any of that resonate with you? It's totally ok if it does not. 😄