Do you struggle with imposter syndrome?

Lillie Anne Vogt
8 replies
It came as a surprise to me when a colleague mentioned not experiencing imposter syndrome because I assumed it was a common struggle for everyone. Have you had similar or different experiences with it?

Replies

phprunner
Yes, once in a while. I know that others also struggle with this and it will pass.
Catherine Norris
Definitely! I also think people overcompensate with imposter syndrome by inflating their ego. But
John Koo
Sometimes. If I feel like I'm not accomplishing what I'm supposed to, I start doubting myself, and that makes me very stressed.
Carter Michael
At times. I think there's definitely times where I second guess what I'm doing but then I start talking to someone about it and I basically convince myself again that I'm doing the right thing.
LisaKim
I majored in fashion so my imposter syndrome was really bad at first. And then I got to know my teammates better and realized we are all from such different, crazy backgrounds we were a group of imposters - ultimately making nobody an imposter!
Lillie Anne Vogt
@mycelebs_elle I Love this, thanks for sharing your experience. Having a team where you feel safe (and belonging) definitely makes imposter syndrome much better!
Oleksandr Gnatiuk
Yes. I have a big flaw, I am perfectionist. I always try to understand everything in detail. and if something doesn't work out, I lose self-esteem. Only working with a team, when I feel my superiority, I calm down.