• Subscribe
  • Do you prefer concise feature-focused or longer story-driven first comment on product launch?

Karl Mechkin
    4 replies
    I wonder if I should add a few more paragraphs on how the idea was born, but on the other hand I'm not sure if it'll become too long. Does the length of the first post impact your reading intent?

Replies

Derek Liu
    I prefer to include the feature list and a short story in the first comment, along with a link to the detailed story on the website about page.
    YanXu
    I believe that concise, feature-focused descriptions should be written in the main part of the product, while the product's origin story can be added in the first comment. People interested in your product will actively read the main part of your product interface, and some of them, after seeing the end, will also be interested in the trajectory of your product's creation.
    Joshua Daniel Scott
    I prefer a concise, feature-focused description for the product page to grab user attention. Throwing in your origin story as the first comment can engage people who want to learn more about your journey creating the product. Let the product features hook them first, then use storytelling in the comments to build a stronger connection with interested users.
    Nicholas Ryan Carter
    I'd keep the first comment concise and highlights-focused. Use it to briefly sum up the key points from your main description and mention any launch specials or discounts. People will see that first before deciding to read the longer story. The story is great for those who want more detail, but hook folks with the key selling points up front.