• Subscribe
  • Do you listen to music while working?

Mahsima Dastan
    216 replies
    I'm usually listening to Eric Clapton while I'm working. do you listen to music? what are you listening to?

Replies

Jeff Fajans
    @mahsimadastan Very interesting choice of Eric Clapton - curious, what about his music helps you work? (I'm a guitar player and love Clapton btw, just was unexpected to see!)
    Mahsima Dastan
    @jefffajans So nice man. I'm really love Clapton's works
    Catalina Banuleasa
    Not when tired, it only gets me distracted.
    Mahsima Dastan
    @catalinaofmorph ok. but it makes me calm when I'm tired
    Totally depends on mood. I’m weird and play dramatic cinematic trailer music to get going lol. Sometimes I listen to some funky jazz for a fun days work.
    Frederic Mamath
    Yes, mainly piano/jazz music without any voices to avoid too much distractions. There are multiple playlist on youtube with pomodoro timers that include the required breaks to avoid any burndown and have high quality focused time
    Sameer Mukhtar
    some light music, no vocals at all. works wonders. but sometimes still silence
    Sergei Anosov
    Sure. Infected Mushrooms, Becoming Insane ;)
    Garen Orchyan
    Sugar Free: Food Scanner
    Sugar Free: Food Scanner
    It depends on my mood
    Jay • www.sectar.co
    Oh, yeah. Currently listening to “A Watchful Guardian” theme by Hans Zimmer on repeat. I’m a big batman freak 🤓🦇
    Sofia Gertzen
    Sure do for most tasks, unless it is talking to customers. :-) Deep House, or something else non intrusive. Sometimes one song in a loop, time really flies then!
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @pixelpirat Absolutely! Deep House for the win in the productivity game. One song in a loop, creating that time-warp effect—now, that's a power move! Do you have a favorite go-to track that becomes the anthem for your focused work sessions?
    Sofia Gertzen
    @istiakahmad Changes week by week, Atzepeng by Paul Kalkbrenner is an old time classic for me. An entire go-to album would be Tumult by Meute for me as a brass band covering deep house tracks is just epic :-) Whats your go-to track?
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @pixelpirat Love the versatility! Atzepeng is a timeless classic, and Meute's Tumult is pure genius with those brass vibes. As for my go-to track, it's always shifting, but currently vibing to 'Midnight City' by M83. What about you? Any current favorites?"🎶
    Dariush Abbasi
    Yes, I mostly listen to long lo-fi music playlists
    @dariubs ha, my girlfriend listens to the same lo-fi music all the time.
    @mahsimadastan do you mix it up or play the same playlist over and over?
    Mahsima Dastan
    @dariubs @slimmy82 I'm a lo-fi lover also :)
    Neel Patel
    +1 for Lofi and techno :)
    Sebastian Kessler
    Depends on what I am working on, when doing coding work which I just need to type down I really enjoy listening to Lofi Hip-hop and other music. When I face a problem I need to focus and concentrate I pause my music as it gets distracting.
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @setianke Love the versatility in your music game! Lofi Hip-hop for the coding flow and that silent pause when tackling the brain-bending stuff. It's like you've got a playlist for every coding mood. Any standout tracks that always make it to your coding sessions?
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @setianke Playlist extravaganza! 🎉 Checked out the vibes, and they're pure gold! Thanks for the musical journey, even if it's just the tip of the iceberg. No trouble at all—always up for discovering new tunes! 🎶✨
    Mahsima Dastan
    @setianke What about your coworkers talking to each other?
    Matthew Ritchie
    I listen to music non-stop while working. I listen to a lot of Hiroshi Yoshimura. Great if you like ambient or new age. This album of his was just reissued:
    Mahsima Dastan
    @matthew_ritchie So nice. thanks for sharing
    Nico Spijker
    Yup! Gets me into a good deep work state. Mostly techno actually 😅
    Nico Spijker
    @istiakahmad Here's one of the lists I listen to :D https://open.spotify.com/playlis... Personally got a lot Jan Blomqvist, Avoure & Massano for my own lists
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @nicolaas_spijker Techno for the deep work dive—love it! That steady beat must set the perfect rhythm for focus. Any favorite techno tracks that are your go-to for getting into the zone?
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @nicolaas_spijker Solid playlist choices! Checked out your list, and it's fire! Jan Blomqvist, Avoure, and Massano are absolute gems. Thanks for the musical recommendations; my ears are in for a treat! 🔥👂
    Nico Spijker
    @istiakahmad Hope they help make your days more productive, and if not at least you have some new tunes to listen to! 🎶
    Aaron Barbieri
    I do, until I hit a bug or some other task that requires actual focus and then I shut it off immediately lol
    Imran Razak
    Yeah I think for me it’s a must most of the time because it puts me in the zone but sometimes Netflix, Disney or Apple TV+ series would do.
    Tarun Asnani
    There Is A Tool For That
    Yes, it's a good focus tool I find myself listening to Rajasthani folk music.
    Jeff Fajans
    When I'm working and needing to focus, I typically listen to Housewerk on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/playlis... Or some sort of binaural brainwave alpha/theta type of thing if I am going for a more chill, relaxed focus