Do you follow the daily launches on Product Hunt?

Vlad Zivkovic
40 replies
Product Hunters, do you scroll throughout daily launches to check on interesting new products?

Replies

JD
Every time I'm connected !
Hazel Lim
Gotta be honest, I come on Product Hunt for 2 reasons 1) When I'm looking for cool start-ups to try, or feature in my newsletter (I write a bi-weekly report breaking down hype and finding profitable opportunities) or 2) Around the time I am launching (like now!) Otherwise I hang out mostly on Twitter
Yogita Gholap
@byhazellim The second reason you gave is the most honest answer, and it applies to everyone's story, including mine. :)
Krishna Kumar
I may look through the launches ocassionally. I spend way more time in the discussion forum. That is where the knowledge and the insights are.
Of course I do! It's like my morning coffee, but instead of caffeine, I get my daily dose of product inspiration!
John Carmichael
Yep! I find it's a great source of inspiration for our own business (Liffery). Reading the comments, and seeing the new launches gradually paints an overall picture of the current thinking of early adopters right now... if that makes sense :)
Vlad Zivkovic
@john_carmichael Yes, it's good to see the trends and which direction market is leaning currently. Congrats on Liffery launch once again!
Melissa Phillips
As much as I could, But still need to check the products
Aneesh Gupta
If not on a daily basis, I like to hop on every now and then to find interesting products that may be useful for my clients in the future. We maintain a long list of tools that are categorized by their features so we can always come back and dive deeper when the need arises. :)
Came to find cool early products to try, stayed for the inspiring discussions
André J
Launching soon!
It's more fun to try and spot the winning horses early in the day, and place your bets. Also keeping the streak going :D
André J
Launching soon!
@vladimir_zivkovic Some launches use paid to win strategies. But the ones that do, are taking a risk. As they get investigated by the PH team etc and might lose their rank / credibility. It's important that we as community members report these incidents as well to keep things fair.
Vlad Zivkovic
@eonpilot Yeah, just last week there was a launch of some mobile app, I forgot the name. Most of the comments flagged with 🎈 users, and they got like 1000+ upvotes in 3-4 hours, by the end of the day they end up with 2500+ upvotes. They are running for the product of the month I think. All the makers had 1 day streak. PH team didn't do anything about it...
André J
Launching soon!
@vladimir_zivkovic No app from last week that matches that description in may (PH team prob nixed it): https://www.producthunt.com/time... most of last months launch winners look okay.
Carter Michael
Not anymore! Used to for sure but they (mostly) all started to blend in for me. This with the lack of adjustments to AI-Spam and discussion glitches has led me like many have said here off the platform. What about you Vladimir?
Vlad Zivkovic
@carter_barnett I do agree with you on Ai spam, they seem to just copy each other, but there are interesting projects beside Ai. We will have to live in Ai hype for some time.
Carter Michael
@vladimir_zivkovic Right? I thought it would die down but it's holding strong right now. Some people I follow online are really posting the churn rate for generative AI apps so it's interesting to see how this might impact people creating them.
Cory Sanchez
I have it set up that every time I open a new browser on Chrome, the landing page features all the launches of the day! It's inspiring. Love seeing all the great ideas!
Raisa Shafiyyullah
I'm still new to Product Hunt, and whenever I'm on the site, I usually scroll through the daily launches but only stop at 2-3 products.
Luke Emery
I hang out here more than anywhere else at the moment
Hashnimo
No, why would I? But this is a great place when I'm bored.
3rd Party People
We are now that we learned about this awesome site!
I do check out new launches but I spend most of my time in engaging in disscusions 😊
Zoe Stetsenko
Yes! It turned out to be more interesting for me than surfing social networks:)