• Subscribe
  • Do personal requests unlock connections on LinkedIn? 🔑

Ghulam Abbas
    10 replies
    I often receive connection requests that feel cold and impersonal, which makes me less likely to accept. Here, the trick is “less is more.” A little personal touch goes a long way in building meaningful relationships. 🤝 How do you approach your connection requests on LinkedIn? Share your tips.

Replies

Blake Martin
    I would start by engaging with their content—commenting something thoughtful on their posts if they’re active. When sending a connection request, mention how you enjoy their work or content. I've connected with some pretty big tech influencers using this approach. If they don’t post much, find something specific they've done that you admire and mention it in your connection message. Avoid using bots; they’re overused now and often come off as impersonal.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    How do you expect people to befriend on this platform with you?
    KurachiWeb 倉地 俊輔
    I have accepted 95% of the connection requests so far because I feel that many of them have great backgrounds and knowledge. I always want to connect with passionate people.
    Teresita Herlina
    Maybe for some people it is not important but there are some things that can make us get caught and have a lot of insight
    炼心烨
    Actually, I prefer to interact with people in some of the freer and more welcoming communities, and LinkedIn is a bit blunt.
    LDJ Beatless
    Buffup.AI
    Launching soon!
    I think personal requests do unlock connections on LinkedIn. When sending a request, mention something specific like a shared interest, a relevant post they made, or a common acquaintance. It shows you're not just randomly connecting. Also, keep the message concise and sincere. For example, "I saw your post on [topic] and found it really interesting. I'm also in [related field] and would love to connect." This makes the recipient more likely to accept.
    Pierre-Yves Dubreucq
    It depend :) I prefer for me when someone write me a real message to ask connection (not an automated ;) )
    Jessica Lauren Davis
    I find personal requests along with a thoughtful note about why you want to connect work well on LinkedIn. People are more likely to accept your request if you explain how you know them or share some common interests. Avoid generic connection messages. And once connected, engage with their content to build the relationship!
    Harald Frank
    Here is my "system": Automated generic message that usually does not fit to my profile -> ignore No message at all -> depends, does it make sense (accept), i don't know why they reached out (ignore) Personal message -> accept
    Brody Slade
    I usually take time to check out their recent activities or experience from their profile and always include a note when sending a connection request! A simple, genuine message makes all the difference. It’s a small effort, but it opens the door to meaningful conversations 🤝