• Subscribe
  • Your top-3 books every founder should read?

Anna Shults
    5 replies
    My list: 1. The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if ... everyone is lying to you. By Rob Fitzpatrick 2. The Lean Startup. By Eric Ries 3. The Startup Owner's Manual. By Steve Blank and Bob Dorf

Replies

Apostolos Toptsis
    So I've read these two: -The Lean Startup. By Eric Ries -The Startup Owner's Manual. By Steve Blank and Bob Dorf And I would like to say I actually highly disagree. These books actually are for founders and entrepreneurs that don't have the mindset of being actual founders/entrepreneurs and want to be ones. The biggest problem I see from reading these books is that they talk about practices that are vague and work only in a perfect world. But in reality every founders journey is different. There is no right or wrong way of doing things and you have to test things out each time to find your own process. These books were written by academics who theorize about entrepreneurship but in reality there is no solved way that can actually be written or relayed in a book. I would rather look into books that are about the psychology and sociology of human interaction. These are things that people have studied and have scientific proof behind. Such books will help you in terms of selling yourself as an entrepreneur/founder.
    Anna Shults
    @apostolos_toptsis Interesting opinion, thank you. But I should say that ' The Mom Test' really helped me A LOT to improve interviews as a part of customer development. What books would you advise?
    IMO "The Lean Startup" By Eric Ries is a MUST-READ for any founder
    1. OKR 2. 50 Tattoos of SDR 3. From good to great
    Çağla Çağlar
    Zero to One🌟🌟 The Lean Startup The Checklist Manifesto