• Subscribe
  • Your ICP is key!

Sacha Dumay
    8 replies
    First-time founders often overlook their Ideal Customer Profile (ICP). I learned this the hard way. Without a clear ICP: - Your landing page copy is vague and fails to connect emotionally - Your content lacks focus, wasting ad money - You struggle to find clients because you're targeting everyone What can you do? - Trim features ruthlessly. Keep only what adds clear value. - Talk to real people. Get honest feedback on their needs. - Be bold with your landing page copy. Use PostHog for A/B testing to check signup conversion. I'm currently struggling with scrapewebapp.com because it's way too broad, so I'll test a few content options: - AI scraper - Scraping leads What's your experience with ICPs? Any tips to share?

Replies

SimonπŸ‹
    Preach! Knowing your ideal customer profile is crucial for everything from product dev to marketing. Lots of founders get so focused on the product, they forget to figure out who they're actually selling to.
    Sacha Dumay
    @simonas_kauzonas people first like you are saying!
    Jaime Lawson
    Focusing on a specific ICP made all the difference for me. Once I got clear on who I was building for, it was easier to build features they actually needed.
    Sacha Dumay
    @jaime_lawson yes it is almost like finding your ICP will create market fit
    Bernice Ferguson
    Your ICP really does drive everything. I wasted a lot on ads until I dialed in on who I wanted to reach. Now, every campaign feels more focused and effective.
    Sacha Dumay
    @bernice_ferguson yes I would never spend significant ads budget without a clear ICP. Glad that it is working now for you!
    Jessica Young
    Facts! Gotta know who you're building for. Get deep in their heads, learn their lingo, truly grok their pain points. Only then can you craft the perfect product & messaging that'll make 'em say "shut up and take my money!" πŸ’° ICP all day erryday πŸ’―
    Rowan Maxwell Everett
    Totally! ICP is everything. I start all my projects by defining my ideal customer clearly - their needs, their worldview, their buying habits. Gotta know exactly who you're building for and selling to, or you're just shooting in the dark. Spend the time up front to really understand your target customer in depth. It'll pay off big time down the line in product-market fit, marketing, sales - you name it!