• Subscribe
  • Would you volunteer your skills to help a non-profit?

Gehrig
    8 replies
    I’m exploring starting an upwork for helping non profits. This not for profit project would allow tech workers to volunteer their dev, marketing, design, or other skills in a meaningful way. Is this something you’d want to join? What suggestions for a name do you have?

Replies

Alexia Gold
    Yes, I do this now and then. There are many non-profit organizations that need help. I'm currently working with Algorithm of Actions https://algorytm.ngo/en which offers different innovative solutions to unite businesses and tech to help civil people and improve their region. One of the greatest projects is reukraine housing Lutsk which was created to provide internally displaced Ukrainians with temporary housing. They build modular constructions for them by uniting businesses and tech. I admire these guys.
    Ahmet Umut Günbak
    Yes, and I'm currently doing it.
    Gehrig
    @umutgunbak very cool! How are you finding work to be done?
    Alissa Anne Pagano
    Yup. Have you looked into Catchafire? I think it's the same kind of premise but without the tech focus. "Catch a fire" is also a cool name if you need inspiration lol
    Gehrig
    @alissaannepagano thanks for sharing, they seem great with a lot of parallels. Have you volunteered through them? If so, how was the experience?