Would you use a Medical-Focused Chatbot like ChatGPT?

Stella Orji
6 replies

Replies

Gillian Laging
Considering people are all to happy to self diagnose with google, there would absolutely be a market for a medical AI chatbot. Personally I'd like the chatbot to be attached to a medical institute because that would give me a greater level of trust in the information.
Stella Orji
@gillian_laging Yes, my team and I are actually working on HELF, an AI chatbot designed for medical professionals. We understand that AI is experimental in nature, and healthcare is very fragile. We plan to integrate HELF into hospitals and health facilities over time, but right now we are still in the beta testing phase.
Omar Faruk
Medical chatbots like ChatGPT could enhance accessibility to healthcare information and support, but human oversight and accuracy remain crucial for critical medical decisions.
Stella Orji
@omar_faruk29 that is very true. AI is designed to support humans and not completely take over and do the work.
If one mistake is found, people will question all AI responses, which is very similar to high-precision scenarios like autonomous driving. Effect is more important than efficiency. I am doing similar things in the legal area, and that is the most common response from my lawyer and friends around.
Stella Orji
@donald_sang I believe that AI was designed to support, but many people misuse it. People let it be the primary decision-maker with few people verifying the information it provides. AI is bound to make mistakes just like humans, but it can really be a great helper when applied correctly.