Would you rather work with an agency for content marketing or build an in-house team?

Burcu Zeynep Konuk
24 replies
What factors affect your choice?

Replies

Emily Matick
It's difficult for an agency to understand your business with the same level of intimate knowledge as your in house team, but with the right context setting agencies can offer a higher level of creative.
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
@emily_matick I think that's the main struggle. If you are going to work with an agency, you have to find a quality and dedicated one. When you find the right one, it will be easier and cheaper than building an in-house team.
Uma Venugopal
In-house all the way. Most of the time is lost in trying to explain an idea or brainstorm stuff with external agencies but people who are in-house have already had the onboarding exp so they get the vision easily.
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
@uma_venugopal Are there any tools that you can suggest for content marketing teams?
Aphelia T.
If talking about just content marketing having an agency or a person on outsourcing is good enough. It's all about the way you place the task and find the right resource for work. As with a team member - you need to invest time to find a perfect fit, but once you do, you can easily delegate the work. It's important to consider sustaining a team member, with an outsourcing there are less liabilities (if I can place it so). Plus, forming a team is much more complex since there are many people involved; with outsourcing or and agency it's usually a company representative and the task implementor. So setting up a process can be easier. And then if you need to monitor the effectiveness of an employee on outsourcing, just use a tool like Timesheet [https://bit.ly/timesheet-technuf] or so - and it will be a nice way of seeing what the person is doing and what's the task progress.
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
@technufllc I agree that it depends on what's the value of the task for you and if you have the resource for a quality in-house team. Thank you for the tool suggestion, I will definitely check it! Also, I can suggest a great content management tool [https://oppflow.io/] where you can automate your tasks, track your workflow, manage your team, and produce & publish your content. I think every content team needs a tool like this to enhance their content marketing process.
Samar Ali
Launching soon!
To work with an agency or build an in-house team for content marketing depends on the specific needs and resources of the business.
Fahad Ahmed
My personal preference is with an in-house team. Since they are already aware of the guidelines and the procedures to follow when producing the content, things get done easily. From my personal experience, when working with an agency you have to brief them appropriately, and still have to make a few tweaks before the pieces are ready for publication.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@fahad_ahmed12 Absolutely get that! In-house teams are like the Avengers, know the drill, seamless coordination, and saving the day. Agencies, on the other hand, are the hired mercenaries, need the right brief and a bit of fine-tuning. It's all about finding the superhero squad that suits your content mission! 💪
Fahad Ahmed
Hi @felix_f_tao, More than happy to connect with you, and you can count on it. All the best with the launch!
Deniz Sutaş
Both have their advantages of course. If you can accurately assign jobs and give an impeccable design brief, outsourcing provides plenty of convenience, in the end they are responsible for the end product. Doing it in house, you would be more likely to get involved in the process somehow, adding on to your workload. If your creators are not experienced it would take even longer and get more tedious, but you can get more done for less. Wrapping up, I would favor in house teams over agencies -as long as the budget allows-. Your in house team is with you in the long run, so they can lay the foundations of your content marketing strategy and carry it out over an extended period. It will be costly though, so if you're a startup with limited budget and point blank content needs, you might as well prefer to go with an agency for a temporary period.
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
@deniz_sutas Well said! Also, instead of working with an agency in every aspect of content marketing, you can get support for specific areas where your team is weak. Lots of well-known companies prefer this way.
Kwaku Amprako
I really like this question. Im launching something that's in-between. I think both have there pros and cons, but it comes down to the nature of the business.
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
@kwaku_amprako Good luck with your launch! What's your product about?
Business Marketing with Nika
It depends on many factors, but rather with an in-house team. :-)
Shushant Lakhyani
I'd always suggest to go for an in-house team if you're going for content creation in the long term.
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
@shushant_lakhyani If you work with an agency for the long term, after a while, they understand your needs and strategies as well as you do. I think it's about finding the right agency and starting the process in the most efficient way.
Shushant Lakhyani
@burcu_zeynep_konuk I agree. But I still think having your own team matters more than outsourcing to someone else. Outsourcing isn't a long term game.
Our personal preference is to have build in house team. We can understand the best what are needs, goals are :)
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
@sandradjajic Perfect :) How do you manage your content marketing process? Do you use any platforms?
In-house for the win! You can't make an agency understand your problem statement or the solution you are selling if it's too technical! So it's better to spend on building your in-house content team!✌️
Shweta Meena
I will go for inhouse team.
Vlad Zivkovic
At an early stage definitely outsourcing, there are so many good startups offering affordable solutions for content marketing and at the later stage definitely in-house team.